In this world resides powerful evil, intent on destroying everything crafted by Gods and Men. Without guardians of equal strength, all would have fallen long ago. Zhong Kui was once a man with ambitions no greater than scholastic excellence, but in death became the perfect shield against evil’s onslaught.
Zhong Kui sought to pit his brilliant mind against the Imperial Examinations, tests to select councilors for the Emperor. With ease, he passed, but when the emperor saw his hideous face, he cast the scholar out. Offended, furious, Zhong Kui hurled himself repeatedly at the palace gates until his body was broken.
For his crime, Zhong Kui’s soul was judged by the King of Hell, but where the Emperor saw only ugliness, the King of Hell saw potential armed with genius. Zhong Kui was appointed Lord of Demons, tasked to forever hunt and ensnare the evils of the world.
For centuries, home owners and shopkeepers have adorned their buildings with Zhong Kui’s likeness, for that visage that once horrified the emperor now glares with purpose at unwelcome demons. Yet these days, it is not just shops and homes in peril, but the whole world. It does not take a mind like Zhong Kui’s to see evil’s hand in this War of the Gods. The time has come to bring these demons to task, and Zhong Kui means to smite them all.
|The demons that Zhong Kui captures from Exorcism are stored in his demon bag, giving him additional protections for each demon captured. When Recall Demons is activated, Zhong Kui gains double the protections from his Demon Bag, but eventually losing all stacks when the bag is empty.|
|Protections: 2 per captured demon|
|Zhong Kui pastes a card on all enemies in front of him, marking them as a demon, slowing and damaging them each second while they are marked. If the card is removed, 40% of the remaining damage is done instantly.|
|Damage per Tick: 20/30/40/50/60 (+15% of your magical power)|
Card Lifetime: 5s
|Zhong Kui drives out the demons of his enemies, dealing damage as they leave the body. Demons marked by Expose Evil are captured by Zhong Kui, healing him per demon captured (up to 3), and have the card removed.|
|Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+50% of your magical power)|
Heal: 20/35/50/65/80 (+20% of your magical power)
|Book of Demons|
|When fired, the Book of Demons deals damage and stuns enemies, stunning marked enemies for 2x the duration and removing the card. When this ability is not on cooldown, the Book of Demons flies nearby Zhong Kui, firing for 50% of Zhong Kui's basic damage.|
|Damage: 60/115/170/225/280 (+50% of your magical power)|
|Stun: .5/.6/.7/.8/.9s (2x for marked targets)|
|Upon activation, demons pulse out from his bag at nearby players every second for 5s. They chase and accelerate over time, doing damage to enemies as they enter the body. Zhong Kui is immune to Knockback and Slows for the duration.|
|Damage: 80/95/110/125/140 (+20% of your magical power)|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Zhong Kui, use expose evil and exorcism to fully stack your passive.
As Zhong Kui, stun three or more enemy gods with book of demons.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.9) Note: Demon Bag Increased Stacks from 20 to 40. Decreased Protections per stack from 2 to 1. Zhong Kui now gains stacks when witnessing any death. He no longer gains stacks from consuming marks with Exorcism. Decreased Stacks lost on Death and after using Recall Demons from 100% to 50%. Book of Demons Stun Duration Increased from .5/.6/.7/.8/.9s to .7/.8/.9/1/1.1s.
- (Patch 4.25) Note: Book of Demons Decreased Mana Cost from 75/80/85/90/95 to 60/65/70/75/80. This ability no longer takes away Zhong Kui’s book basic attacks while on cooldown.
- (Patch 4.5) Note: Expose Evil should now deal 75% of the remaining scaling damage in addition to the Base Damage it was already dealing.
- (Patch 4.4) Note: Expose Evil increased the remaining damage dealt from 40% → 75% when Expose Evil is removed by Exorcism or Book of Demons. Exorcism reduced the time it takes for Demons created by Exorcism to reach Zhong Kui and heal him. Book of Demons updated Tooltip to make it clear that when Book of Demons removes Expose Evil it deals 75% of Expose Evil’s remaining damage. Recall Demons Increased the Travel Speed of the Demons released by Recall Demons.