As far as it is known, Ymir has long been dead.
In Midgard, in the North, it is believed that Ymir’s skull is the sky, his flesh the earth, and his blood the sea. Though, these claims could merely be the boasting of proud Odin and his brothers, who take credit for slaying the first jotunn and fashioning the earth from his body parts.
At the beginning of time, the Realm of Fire, Muspell, and the Realm of Ice, Niflheim met at the place called Ginnungagap; the void of space. Steam rose and froze again, and from that primordial mixture, Ymir, King of the Frost Giants took shape. From his body dripped other beings that would become the ancestors of Gods, Men, Dwarves, and of course, Giants. Even the mighty Odin must claim Ymir as his grandfather. Yet Ymir, like all giants, was an evil creature and led his Giant brethren against the Gods. After ages of warfare, Odin and his brothers slew the Giant-King and forged the world from his remains.
Yet there are other whispers. Rumors that Ymir, though not a God, was still a Primeval Being, and as such cannot truly be destroyed. Perhaps he only lies dormant in Niflheim, the realm of ice, eager to return and wreak vengeance upon Odin in his kin.
|All of Ymir's abilities that affect enemies apply a debuff to the enemy called Frostbite. All of Ymir's basic melee strikes against a target afflicted by Frostbite do 100% more damage.|
|Frostbite Damage Bonus: 100%|
|Ymir summons a wall of ice out of the ground that blocks player movement.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
|Ymir smashes his club, doing damage to all enemies in front of him and slowing them. Applies Frostbite.|
|Damage: 90/160/230/300/370 (+70% of your magical power)|
Slow Duration: 4s
|Ymir uses his breath to freeze enemies in blocks of ice, doing damage and stunning them. Applies Frostbite.|
|Damage: 50/90/130/170/210 (+50% of your magical power)|
|Shards of Ice|
|Ymir begins to freeze the air around him, causing shards of ice to grow on his back and slowing enemies. After a 3s channel, Ymir erupts out of his frozen state, causing shards of ice to do damage to all enemies in his range. Applies Frostbite. Cancelling the ability decreases the damage.|
|Damage: 500/650/800/950/1100 (+150% of your magical power)|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old Cards Edit
- As Ymir, don't expect to get many kills. You will usually get assists from your high crowd control. Don't chase after kills, as you will just be wasting your own and your teammate's efforts. Your best option is to play as a supportive tank.
- Ymir's Ice Wall is a very useful part of his abilities, it pairs well with his abilities very well. For example, you can project a wall in front of fleeing targets, allowing for your teammates to kill them.
- Ice Wall can also save Ymir from life threatening situations. Imagine being chased by a mob of enemies, desperately spamming their ultimates to kill you. One little Ice Wall can block pretty much all of their attacks, and have them raging like crazy. Additionally, you can protect allies with his Ice Wall. Just make sure that you don't screw up your ally's attacks, though, because that would be bad.
- This can be used to clear a whole wave of enemy minions, or severely damage a foe.
- Try pairing this with Shards of Ice, as the ~2 second stun at higher levels can hinder enemies from escaping in time, and possibly secure a couple of kills.
- Be careful of where you activate this ability; it can make you an atomic bomb, or render you to become a sitting duck.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Baron Frostchild skin added.
- (Patch Season 3) Note: Fixed an issue where he would T-Pose on death.
- (Patch 2.21) Note: Ymir’s footsteps have been redone on all Ymir skins.