Though small of stature, Vamana, the Fifth Avatar of Vishnu, should never be underestimated. His harsh lessons in humility have shamed even the proudest of kings.
The demon king, Bali, was fair and righteous, yet for all his virtues, Bali was extremely proud and driven by fierce ambition. After conquering the Underworld and all the Earth, Bali managed to wrest the Heavens from the God Indra. Unable to reclaim his seat, Indra implored Vishnu for aid, and so Vishnu took the form of a small mortal man, a priest named Vamana.
In his splendid palace, Bali was giving gifts to the pious. Vishnu, disguised as the monk Vamana and carrying a wooden umbrella, requested only as much land as he could cover in three steps. Bali offered Vamana an island but Vamana stuck to his request, which Bali granted against the wishes of his advisor. Immediately, Vamana grew to cosmic proportions, crashing through the ceiling of the palace and filling the sky. With one colossal step, he engulfed all the Earth and the Underworld. With a second step, he consumed the heavens. Now, with everything under his two units, Vamana had nowhere to place his third step. He challenged Bali to go back on his word or offer somewhere else for him to step. Bali’s demon army surged forth, but the demon king held them back. Bowing in humility, Bali offered his head as the third step. Vamana sends Bali to the underworld but, in recognizing Bali’s benevolence, shows mercy by granting him sovereignty over it in appreciation of Bali’s sacrifice.
Vishnu returned control of the Heavens to Indra and left his Avatar behind, but he also left behind a valuable lesson. Even the mightiest and most arrogant of kings can be humbled by the smallest of men.
|A percentage of Vamana's Physical Protection is converted to Physical Power.|
|Ability: Buff||Physical Protection Conversion: 20%|
|Clear the Path|
|Vamana opens his umbrella in front of him and sprints forward, doing damage to all enemies and knocking them into the air.|
Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% of your physical power)
|Vamana infuses his umbrella with his armor, reinforcing it while he strikes forth, doing damage to all enemies in a cone.|
Damage: 85/140/195/250/305 (+70% of your physical power)
|Vamana spins an umbrella out in front of him, hitting everyone in its path for damage and slowing your enemies' attack and movement speeds. After reaching its destination, the umbrella returns back to Vamana, hitting everyone in its path again.|
Damage: 50/85/120/155/190 (+50% of your physical power)
Attack / Movement Speed Slow: 30%
Speed Slow Duration: 3s
|Vamana grows to an enormous giant. While Vamana is enraged, he is immune to Crowd Control, gains Protections, Physical Power, massive regeneration and his Basic Attacks now damage all nearby enemies. When Vamana is in Colossal form, taking damage from gods increases the duration.
You may cancel his giant form early.
Physical Power: 40/55/70/85/100
Health Regeneration: 5% per second
Colossal Duration; Increase: 6s; 0.5s per hit, up to 10s
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old Cards Edit
As Vamana, get a triple kill using your Ultimate.
As Vamana, knock up three or more enemies with Clear The Path.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.23) Note: Colossal Fury Vamana now also gains a stacking Health Shield every second equal to 0.6% to his max HP per .2s. This Shield fades when Vamana’s ultimate ends. Changed his heal to tick every 0.2s instead of 1s. Vamana still heals for the same amount of health each second as he did previously. Can now pass through Player made walls while his ultimate is active.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Increased Camera Height from 36 to 64.
- (Patch 5.10) Note: Colossal Fury Fixed an issue where Colossal Fury was not getting extended duration for taking damage.
- (Patch 5.8) Note: Clear the Path Decreased Mana cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 70 at all ranks. Armored Umbrella Decreased Mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80. Umbrellarang Decreased Mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- (Patch 4.16) Note: Serenity skin added.
- (Patch 4.5) Note: Updated Ability Icons.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Vamana visual update. Standard, Recolor, and Mastery skins remodeled.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Sleeping Giant Tooltip edited to remove the descriptions related to his Ultimate. Colossal Fury Tooltip edited to include all functionality of this ability.
- (Patch Season 3) Note: Increased base movement speed from 365 → 380.