Tyr, The Lawgiver, is a warrior of the Norse pantheon in Smite.
Tyr. The embodiment of mankind’s impossible ideals. Man is a malleable creature, but a God is stone, shaped only by the harsh weather of expectation. And none have a greater burden of expectation than Tyr, for he is Courage. He is Honor. He is Justice.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to face the frightening.
Fenrir, the mighty wolf, was foretold to wreak such devastation on the Gods that they sought to bind him. Tyr, clothed in courage, brought the beast to their prison, where the Gods prepared shackles.
Honor is not a stubborn oath, but the integrity to uphold what is right, even when it is not easy.
Under the guise of a test of strength, twice the Gods bound Fenrir, and twice he broke free. On the third attempt, Fenrir sensed a trick and demanded one of the Gods place their hand into his mouth. If the binding proved magical, Fenrir would take the hand. Tyr agreed.
Justice is not adherence to the law, but a code of fairness and morality.
Bound by the mystical ribbon, Fenrir devoured Tyr’s hand. It was the price to be paid. And Tyr paid it willingly. Even Fenrir deserved justice.
One handed, Tyr is worshipped as a pinnacle of righteousness, called upon for valor in battle, balance in law, and the fortitude to face the impossible. As the cloud of war blackens the world, and fear grips the people, Tyr is stooped by the weight of expectation. With blade in hand, he takes the field. For he is Courage. He is Honor. He is Justice.
|Tyr charges forward, immune to knockup, damaging enemies. Assault Stance: Tyr pushes all enemies along with him, hitting them 2 times and knocking them up in the air. Guard Stance: Tyr hits each enemy only once, passing through them.|
|Damage: 40/90/140/190/240 (+50% of your physical power)|
|Tyr makes a massive melee attack, hitting all enemies within a 180 degree cone. Assault Stance: Enemies that are knocked up in the air are knocked away. Guard Stance: Tyr heals twice for the first enemy hit, and once for each additional enemy (max 3).|
|Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+65% of your physical power)|
|Tyr changes between Assault and Guard stances. Changing stances refreshes the cooldown on Fearless and Power Cleave.|
Assault Stance: Gain Physical Power.
Guard Stance: Gain Protections.
|Assault Stance: 10/20/30/40/50 Physical Power|
Ability: Stance Change
|Defense Stance: 8/16/24/32/40 Protections|
|Tyr leaps through the air, bringing indiscriminate justice upon all enemies in the target area, and slowing them.|
|Damage: 150/225/300/375/450 (+120% of your physical power)|
Slow Duration: 3s
|Stuns, Taunts, Fears, Intoxicate, and Mesmerize cannot affect Tyr for longer than 1s.|
|Ability: Buff||Affects: Self|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old Cards Edit
As Tyr use Power Cleave and Fearless together to juggle three or more enemy gods at once.
As Tyr kill fifteen enemy Gods with the damage from Lawbringer.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Power Cleave Increased Heal Physical Power scaling from 0% to 20%.
- (Patch 4.18) Note: Fearless Decreased Mana Cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 50/55/60/65/70. Change Stance Decreased Cooldown from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/12/11/11/10.
- (Patch 4.12) Note: Power Cleave decreased Mana Cost from 50/55/60/65/70 → 50 at all ranks.
- (Patch 4.11) Note: Draco Knight skin added.
- (Patch 4.2) Note: Power Cleave Defensive Stance: No longer Heals twice on the first Target hit. This Ability now caps at 3 Heals.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Change Stance This ability may be activated at rank 0. Rank 0 of this ability provides no Passive benefits.
- (Patch 3.22) Note: Hail to the King skin added.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Fixed the “I Like to Juggle” achievement to now require juggling three gods instead of 3 enemies.