Thoth, Arbiter of the Damned, is a mage of the Egyptian pantheon in Smite.
Legends tell of a tome of magic, wherein all the secrets of the world can be found, where the spells to change the fabric of reality are written, and where the knowledge to master death is inscribed. The legends understate reality. So powerful is this book that the mere flipping of pages sets Gods on edge.
This lexicon of legerdemain was no product of happenstance. Every incantation, every inflection was carefully crafted by a God beyond comprehension, of wisdom so transcendent, he willed himself into being. He is Thoth, the Scribe of Secrets.
Three great battles there have been, and at each, Thoth was present, aiding the forces of order to triumph over chaos. When Ra faced the world serpent Apep for the final time, Thoth's spells shielded Ra against the reptile. When Osiris was dismembered by his brother Set, Thoth taught Isis the incantations to reassemble him. And when Horus, the child of Isis and Osiris, battled Set once again for control of the Kingdom, Thoth's rituals cleansed the young man of Set's vilest poisons.
All of the secrets, the power, the wisdom of the universe, Thoth has placed into this book. He is the guardian of this knowledge, invoking it only to save the world, to keep it from descending into disorder.
But now, the world is falling into chaos. God battles God. The heavens quake, the earth shudders, the seas boil, and mortals cry out. If ever there was a time for Thoth to break the binding of his book, it is now. This world is unprepared for the secrets he will reveal.
|Each Time Thoth kills an enemy, he adds their name to his book, learning more about their weaknesses. For every 30 names in his book, he gains a stack of 4 Magical Penetration. At level 1 he can gain a maximum of 1 stack, 2 at level 5, 3 at level 9, 4 at level 13, 5 at level 17.|
Penetration: 4 per stack
|Kills for one Stack: 30|
Max Penetration: 20 at 5 stack
|Thoth begins to gather magic from the air, ignoring the Basic Attack Movement penalty and conjuring 3 Hieroglyphs. His next 3 Basic Attacks pass through enemies and do Ability Damage instead. If these attacks pass through the Glyph of Pain, their range is increased.|
Damage per Shot: 35/55/75/95/115 (+25% of your magical power)
Glyphs Spawned: 3
|Evade and Punish|
|Thoth dashes in the direction he is currently traveling. After dashing for 5s. Thoth’s next basic attack instead fires a magical projectile at the target which slows and deals ability damage.|
Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% of your magical power)
Stun Duration: 1s
|Glyph of Pain|
|From his book, Thoth conjures forth a Hieroglyph in front of him. Thoth’s ability projectile passing through the glyph receive increased damage, and a range increase. Thoth and allies Basic attack projectiles receive a reduced damage bonus, but no range increase.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Bonus Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+10% of your magical power)
Basic Attack Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your magical power)
|Thoth begins summoning pages from his book, up to a maximum of four. When all four have been summoned, he sends them forward damaging all enemies in their path. Thoth may activate this ability again to fire the ability early, doing a reduced amount of damage based on the number of pages currently summoned.|
Damage: 360/430/500/570/640 (+120% of your magical power)
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Thoth, use a single Glyph of Pain to augment the Basic Attacks of at least 2 of your teammates to one tower or objective.
As Thoth, use Evade and Punish to kill an enemy God while you are at 25% or lower HP.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Vizier skin added.
- (Patch 4.5) Note: Star Scribe skin added. Final Judgement increased Mana Cost from 90 → 100. Cancelling this Ability now costs 30 Mana.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Evade and Punish now stops on the first Enemy God hit.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Evade and Punish no longer slows enemies hit by it, now Stuns enemies for 1s at all ranks. Glyph of Pain increased Ally Basic Attack Bonus Base Damage from 5/10/15/20/25 → 10/15/20/25/30. Increased Ally Basic Attack Bonus Damage Scaling from 5% → 10%. Final Judgement decreased Base Damage from 360/440/520/600/680 → 360/430/500/570/640. Decreased Damage Scaling from 140% → 120%. Increased Cooldown from 75s → 90s.
- (Patch 3.24) Note: Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Hieroglyphic Assault increased projectile speed by 20%. Evade and Punish increased radius from 3 → 4s. Glyph of Pain reduced Mana cost from 60 at all ranks → 25/30/35/40/45s.
- (Patch 3.22) Note: Evade and Punish reduced Cooldown from 18s at all ranked → 16/15/14/13/12s.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Thoth released.