Susano, the God of the Summer Storm, is an assassin of the Japanese pantheon in Smite.
Like his sister, Amaterasu, Susano was born to rule, but he was tempestuous, with a flaring anger, wicked tongue, and a penchant for destruction. Their father, Izanagi, would have none of it and decreed that Susano live in the Underworld. His mood dark at this news, Susano committed heinous acts of vandalism and murder. Acts that sent Amaterasu into shameful hiding.
Cast low, Susano descended to earth on his way to the Underworld. He carried only his Ten-Span Sword, and regret for his actions. What had his defilements achieved but to envelop the world in darkness? This was his nature, to broil like a storm, to frighten and destroy what stood in his path.
But a storm could also herald life.
At a river side, Susano ventured upon an elderly couple, weeping and cradling their young daughter. Eight children, they'd had once, but now only one remained; seven devoured by the eight-headed serpent. Susano was resolved. To atone for his crimes, to prove his father wrong, to better himself, Susano would slay this beast.
Eight traps he laid, one for each head of the creature, with eight tubs of aromatic saké as bait. Slithering forward, the Orochi spread its gruesome heads to drink from the trapped tubs. Susano cut the rope. Gates dropped. The heads were imprisoned. One by one, he chopped the eight necks, until only the wriggling tail remained. Sweeping his blade split the reptilian hide, leaving notches in his blade but revealing a brilliant sword inside: the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi.
To his sister, he gave the blade. An act of atonement, but not an apology. His true nature would never change, but his intention could.
Though seen on the battlefield of the Gods, Susano's fight is not truly against those foes, but within himself. He is a raging summer storm, struggling to focus that destructive power at evil, and atoning when the innocent are harmed.
|Each time Susano successfully deals Damage to at least one enemy god with an Ability he gains a Stack. At 4 Stacks, his next Ability that hits an enemy god will deal bonus Damage. Stacks last for 5 seconds. Bonus Damage: 25 + 60% of your Physical Power.|
Bonus Damage: 25 + (60% of your Physical Power)
|Max Stacks: 4|
|Susano moves thrice in quick succession; after each attack he has up to 3s to fire the next one. First Attack: Attacks all Enemies in a cone. Second Attack: Attacks all Enemies in a circle. Third Attack: Dashes forward.|
|Ability: Dash special|
Damage per hit: 40/65/90/115/140 (+55% of your physical power)
|Susano commands the winds to blow, dealing damage in a cone in front of him. Enemies in the center of the attack are pulled towards him.|
Damage: 60/75/90/105/120 (+25% of physical power)
|Susano throws forward a gust of air which creates a whirlwind, dealing damage every .75s for 3s. He may activate this ability again to teleport to the whirlwind. If the initial gust hits an Enemy, the whirlwind surrounds and travels with them, and teleporting to the Enemy reduces this cooldown to 8s.|
|Ability: Projectile special|
Damage per tick: 20/35/50/65/80 (30% of physical power)
|Susano summons a hurricane at his location that pulls Enemies towards the center while growing to up to twice its size. Susano may activate this ability again to launch the storm in the direction he is facing, knocking up opponents in its path.|
Damage: 175/225/275/325/375 (+140% of your physical power)
As Susano Pull three or more enemies with a single use of Wind Siphon.
As Susano Use a basic anytime while Storm Kata is activated.
Patch Changes Edit
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Titanium Ronin skin added.
- (Patch 4.19) Note: Yurei skin added.
- (Patch 4.16) Note: Increased Movement Speed from 365 → 370. Wind Siphon Decreased Cooldown from 18s → 16s.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: NEW Passive: Gathering Storm Each time Susano successfully deals Damage to at least one enemy god with an Ability he gains a Stack. At 4 Stacks, his next Ability that hits an enemy god will deal bonus Damage. Stacks last for 5 seconds. Bonus Damage: 25 + 60% of your Physical Power. Storm Kata decreased Base Damage from 40/70/100/130/160 → 40/65/90/115/140 and Physical Power Scaling from 65% → 55%.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Reduced Typhoon’s Vortex strength from 115 → 88. Reduced the strength Movement Speed Penalty of targets affected by Typhoon from 40% → 10%. Both these changes allow players to have faster Movement and help them escape quicker from the pull of Typhoon.
- (Patch 4.7) Note: Storm Kata Hydra’s Lament will now only proc on the first stage of this Ability.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Serpent Slayer skin added.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Swashbuckler skin added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Wind Siphon Increased Physical Damage Scaling from 25% → 60%. Jet Stream Changed the Ability Description to correctly indicate the actual Damage from 20/35/50/65/80 → 20/30/40/50/60. Changed the Physical Damage Scaling to correctly match the Ability Description from 35% → 30% per tick (140% instead of 120% total scaling). Typhoon Now deals Bonus Damage the longer it charges, in addition to the Base Damage. Maxing out at 40/55/70/85/100 Damage according to the rank.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Typhoon Fixed an issue where Typhoon could do more damage than intended when fully charged.
- (Patch 3.22) Note: Storm Kata Fixed an issue where the first part of this skill could be missing FX.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Storm Kata Reverted the pre-fire change to Storm Kata’s first hit, from .4s → .1s. Typhoon Typhoon now changes visually and will Knockup enemies after charging for 1s.
- (Patch 3.20) Note: Luminosity skin added.
- (Patch 3.19) Note: Storm Kata Increased pre-cast time for the first slash from .1s → .4s. Damage from the First and Second Attack reduced from 55/90/125/160/195 → 40/70/100/130/160. The Third Attack of Storm Kata now deals 20/35/50/65/80 (+33% of your Physical Power). Typhoon Now only applies a knockup effect when fully charged.
- (Patch 3.17) Note: Steel Samurai skin added.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Jet Stream Reduced range from 55 → 45. Changed cooldown from 17/16/15/14/13s → 16s at all ranks.
- (Patch 3.11) Note: Mastery skins added.