Sol, Goddess of the Sun, is a mage of the Norse pantheon in Smite.
Sol and her brother came into this world radiant, glorious beings. So enamored with them, their father arrogantly named each after a sacred heavenly body, he for the moon and she, the sun. As they grew, each child proved their namesake. Mani, of the moon, was contemplative, obedient, calm. Sol, conversely, became willful, spirited, passionate. His children were everything a father could dream, but Odin and his ilk were not pleased. For their father's hubris, Mani and Sol were punished.
To the sky, they were sent, each to lead the chariot that dragged the sun or the moon. At their heels were loosed the bloodthirsty sons of Fenrir. Hungry wolves, relentless in pursuit of their prey.
Resigned, Mani guided his steeds through the night, ever ahead of his hunter, but Sol did not accept her fate. Furious at the Gods, she taunts and challenges the wolf Skoll as she blazes across the sky, unleashing her spite on the only opponent she can reach.
Odin has never shown signs of regret for his decision, but now war is upon the land. His attentions are turned. Sol, normally confined to her chariot has found a way to send her flaming essence to the battlefield. To the casual observer, the combat, the bloodshed, may all seem just a game to Sol, but she is driven by an age old grudge and a desire to be free.
|Sol burns bright, gaining a large amount of Heat, Healing herself over time, and igniting the ground around her. Enemies that walk onto the fire take damage over time.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Damage: 30/50/70/90/110 (+25% of your magical power) every 1s
Heal: 5/10/15/20/25% of missing Health over 5s
|Sol's next basic attack explodes, creating a shockwave that travels out, dealing damage. At full size, the wave retracts, dealing damage again to enemies.|
Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+35% of your magical power)
|Sol burns down her manifestation, gaining movement speed and immunity to Slows and movement penalties, while leaving a trail of fire behind her that damages enemies. After 3s Sol loses corporeal form for a short time and her trail explodes. Sol may leave her incorporeal form early.|
Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% of your magical power) every 0.5s
Movement Speed: 20/25/25/25/30%
|Sol unleashes all her flame and fury from the sky, striking 8 times along a moveable ground target location. Enemies hit are knocked back on the first strike, and take only 20% damage on successive hits.|
|Ability: Moving Line|
Damage: 150/200/250/300/350 (50% of your magical power)
|Sol gains Heat as she uses abilities and hits with basic attacks. She gains +1% Magical Power and +1.2% Attack Speed for every 4% Heat. At 100% Heat, Sol's basic attacks gain +25% Damage. Heat decreases over time.|
|Ability: Passive||Basic Attack: 5% Heat|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.25) Note: Sweet Tooth skin added.
- (Patch 4.17) Note: Stellar Burst Added a new targeter to Stellar Burst to show where it will fire and when it will stop at a target.
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Cosmic skin added.
- (Patch 4.7) Note: Stellar Burst no longer has an in-hand penalty when firing.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Radiance Fixed an issue where this wasn’t proccing “On Heal” effects. Decreased Cooldown from 15s → 13s. Changed the Healing from 5/10/15/20/25% of Missing Health → 25% of Missing Health at all ranks. Super Nova Increased Damage of successive hits from 20% → 30%.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Disapparate No longer provides immunity to Basic Attack Movement Penalty. Increased Movement Speed buff from 20/25/25/25/30% → 20/25/30/35/40%.
- (Patch 3.17) Note: Meltdown skin added.
- (Patch 3.3) Note: Epsolon and Mastery skins added.