Raijin, Master of Thunder, is a mage of the Japanese pantheon in Smite.
Thunder is a terrifying element, trembling the very earth with its sound. Herald to storms, accomplice to lightning, thunder is primal, powerful and chaotic. Let this speak, then, of its master, the demon faced God, Raijin, who summons this force with the pounding of his great drums.
Ever in conflict with his equally fearsome brother, Fujin, Master of Wind, Raijin vies for control of the skies above the Realm of the Rising Sun. For mortals, their battles form dramatic storms and devastating tidal waves, but for the brothers, this is just friendly competition; an ongoing tournament to determine the strongest.
Though monstrous in appearance and intimidating in battle, Raijin is generous to his Faithful, clearing the detritus with lightning to leave rice fields all the more fertile. That doesn't stop parents from warning their children to hide when a storm comes, lest Raijin devour their bellies. Raijin no doubt finds this tale amusing but has yet to actually feast on any toddlers.
War has reached the distant shores of Raijin's island realm, and for the first time, he has encountered other Gods that claim dominion over lightning, thunder, and the sky itself. Relishing this opportunity to prove dominance, Raijin enters the fray, drums pounding, and his boisterous laugh indistinguishable from rolling thunder.
|For every 5 Abilities cast, Raijin reduces the Cooldown of all Abilities currently on Cooldown (including the one just cast) by 2s|
|Ability: Buff||Cooldown Reduction: 2s|
|Raijin pounds his drums sending forth 4 peals of thunder in a line, each growing wider as it travels, dealing Magical Damage to enemies it hits, and stopping on the first enemy god in its path. This ability grants one Static Charge each time it fires, for a total of 3 Charges.|
Damage per Shot: 35/50/65/80/95 (+25% of your magical power)
|Raijin marks a target enemy by dismissing his ally Raiju, who hides int the enemy's navel. While asleep, Raijuu reveals the target to Raijin's team on the minimap. The next time Raijin damages the target, Raiju awakens and claws his way out, damaging the target and 4 nearby enemies in his attempt to flee, dealing damage every .5s for 2.5s and slowing marked targets. Dismissing Raiju grants Raijin a single Charge.|
Damage over time: 15/25/35/45/55 (+13% of your Magical Power)
Mark Duration: 4/5.5/7/8.5/10s
|Raijin sends a bolt of lightning crashing down at target location damaging and mesmerizing enemies, while Raijin himself ascends into the sky before and crashing down at that location shortly after, doing a second burst of damage to all enemies in the area. Raijin gains one Charge when he sends the bolt of lightning, and another when he arrives in a crash of thunder.|
Lightning Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of your magical power)
Thunder Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+40% of your magical power)
|Raijin flies above the battlefield, beating his drums to summon 4 peals of thunder in rapid succession, each a choice of three beats:
Beat one: 100% damage.
Damage per Hit: 120/150/180/210/260 (+50% of your magical power)
Taunt Duration per Hit: 0.5s
Fear Duration per Hit: 0.5s
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Raijin hit an enemy at the max range in your Ultimate.
As Raijin do damage to three or more enemies with his minion Raijuu.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Percussive Storm Reduced Base Damage from 30/45/60/75/90 to 25/40/55/70/85 per shot. (120/180/240/300/360 to 100/160/220/280/340 total). Raiju Reduced damage to targets beyond the first to from 15/25/35/45/55 +13% scaling to 9/15/21/27/33 + 8% scaling per tick. Taiko Drums Increased Cooldown from 90s to 100s.
- (Patch 4.19) Note: Warchief skin and dance emote added. Percussive Storm Fixed the Percussive Storm projectiles to display its correct radius of 6 at all ranges. They no longer scale in size. Decreased Base Damage from 35/50/65/80/95 to 30/45/60/75/90. Thunder Crash Players will now be able to move during the warm up of Thunder Crash. Taiko Drums Added additional support to limit the times players can become stuck, unable to cast any shots of Taiko Drums.
- (Patch 4.14) Note: Charged Tempo Increased Cooldown Reduction from 1s → 2s. Percussive Storm Percussive Storm now pierces enemy gods. Taiko Drums Decreased self Slow from 40% → 20%.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: NEW Passive: Charged Tempo For every 5 Abilities cast, Raijin reduces the Cooldown of all Abilities currently on Cooldown (including the one just cast) by 1s. Percussive Storm adjusted first two shots to now travel down the center of the Targeter. Adjusted the last two shots to be closer to the center of the Targeter. Increased Shot Radius from 3 → 4.5. Increased Range from 65 → 70. Increased Damage for from 25/40/55/70/85 → 35/50/65/80/95 per Shot. Decreased Scaling from 30% → 25% per Shot. Decreased Cost from 80/85/90/95/100 → 50/55/60/65/70. Raiju now deals its Damage over time. Increased Damage from a flat 60/100/140/180/220 → 15/25/35/45/55 every .5s for 2.5s. Reduced Scaling from a flat 70% → 13% every .5s for 2.5s (total of 65%). Now applies a 15% Slow to marked targets. When Raiju is triggered the Slow and Damage are spread to nearby allies. The Slow is increased by 15% on the marked target for a 30% Slow. Decreased Cost from 70/75/80/85/90 → 60/65/70/75/80. Decreased Cooldown from 18s at all ranks → 15/14/13/12/11. Thunder Crash is now targetable until he fades away to his new location. Taiko Drums improved sounds and visuals to better distinguish which drum is being fired. Projectile speed reduced from 120/s → 100/s. Increased Fire Duration from 4.5s → 7s. Reduced the Damage on Beat Two (Taunt) and Three (Fear) from 50% → 30%.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Fixed an issue where Raijin’s passive would not be correctly consumed by Raiju.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Drums Out skin added.
- (Patch 3.18) Note: Raiju Reduced Damage from 80/125/170/215/260 → 60/100/140/180/220. Thunder Crash Reducing scaling on Thunder damage from 40% → 20%.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Removed Magical Protection scaling.
- (Patch 3.4) Note: Thunder's Roar skin added.
- (Patch 3.3) Note: Devil Horns skin added.
- (Patch 3.2) Note: Raijin released.