Medusa, The Gorgon, is a hunter of the Greek pantheon in Smite.
All monsters are hideous and fearful, but some are worse than others. There is only one whose hair is made of slithering serpents, only one with skin of scales, and only one whose very gaze can turn man, beast, or God to stone. Medusa, the Gorgon.
Stories claim she was beautiful once. A priestess of Athena. Loyal and devout in action, but Poseidon was determined to make her his own. It was the fairness of her features, the golden of her hair, that attracted the Sea God. Medusa, a mortal maiden, could not refuse.
When Athena learned of Medusa's betrayal, she punished the priestess. Those fair features were hideously wrought and those golden locks twisted to hissing vipers. Anyone that met her eyes was petrified – a statue for all eternity.
Medusa fled, frightened, ashamed and furious. For years she hid from the world, nursing a festering hatred for all things, craving beauty but having none, seeing none, until she became the monster she appeared to be.
She slithers now to the field of battle. Those wretched features concealed behind a cruel mask of porcelain perfection, eyes burning from within. All that she perceives, all that is wonderful in this world, she seeks to destroy. Perhaps then she will be the fairest monster of them all.
|Medusa shoots out 3 vipers in rapid succession that poison the targets hit dealing damage over time.|
|Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your physical power)|
every 0.5s for 1.5s per charge
Attack Speed Increase: 40/50/60/70/80%
Affects: Self, Enemies
|Medusa hurls back and spits out acid that damages the first enemy hit and sprays out acid in a cone behind them. Acid Spray will explode on statues Medusa has created.|
|Damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+70% of your physical power)|
|Medusa quickly slithers forward grabbing and slashing the first enemy god she encounters. The slash leaves the enemy god reeling in pain, reducing their healing for a short time.|
|Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+80% of your physical power)|
Healing Reduction: 10/20/30/40/50% for 3s
|Medusa removes her mask revealing her true face, delivering a powerful blast from her horrifying Gorgon gaze. Enemies take damage and are stunned if they are looking at Medusa. Enemies not looking at Medusa take half damage and are slowed. Enemy gods that are killed by Medusa's gaze will turn to a stone statue and remain behind as a reminder to others.|
|Damage: 300/400/500/600/700 (+100% of your physical power)|
Slow Duration: 3s
|Stun Duration: 2s|
Movement Speed Slow: 50%
|Medusa suffers no movement penalty when side strafing and half of the movement penalty when moving backward.|
|Ability: Passive||Affects: Self|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Medusa stun three or more enemy gods using Petrify.
As Medusa deliver the killing blow to an enemy using Lacerate.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Nebula skin added.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Fixed an issue where Medusa’s Lacerate would highlight Minions as if they would be hit. Fixed an issue where Acid Spray would not highlight enemies behind Medusa Statues.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Idusa Elite skin added. Lacerate Increased Base Damage from 80/120/160/200/240 → 80/130/180/230/280. Increased Healing Reduction from 10/20/30/40/50% → 50% at all ranks. Petrify Increased Damage on turned away targets from 50% → 75% of the total.
- (Patch 3.19) Note: Acid Spray Mana cost reduced from 70/75/80/85/90 → 60/65/70/75/80. Lacerate Mana cost reduced from 85 → 70 at all ranks.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Sea Maiden skin added.