Kuzenbo, King Kappa, is a guardian of the Japanese pantheon in Smite.
Kappa are devious creatures. They linger just below the surface of rivers and lakes, waiting for mortals to test the water before snatching and drowning their fleshy meal. Taken merely at their appearance and juvenile sense of humor, they could be mistaken for mischievous turtle-men, almost playful in a rude sort of way, but they are dangerously strong and ruthless when submerging their prey. King among these monsters is Kuzenbo; bigger, stronger, and more cunning than the rest, but just as infantile.
Kuzenbo led his nine thousand Kappa followers to Japan, where they harried river villages and fishing boats, using their unnatural strength to pull mortals below. So clever, so hungry had the Kappa become, that Japan's army marched to fight back, but they were no match.
As the bowl-shaped indentation atop a Kappa's head is filled with water, that Kappa grows impossibly stronger - far stronger than a mortal. Yet, bound by their strange sense of honor, a Kappa must bow when bowed to, spilling their power upon the ground. It is the only known way to defeat one.
And of the countless battles Kuzenbo has fought, he was defeated only twice. Upon his second defeat at the hands of General Kiyomasa, Kuzenbo was forced to swear to never again sow strife between man and beast, a vow the Kappa King has honored ever since.
Gods, however, are fair game.
|Each time Kuzenbo takes 2% of his Maximum Health worth of Damage, pre-mitigation, he is granted a Stack of 1.5% Damage Reduction as the bowl of water atop his head fills (Max 10 Stacks). Stacks last 10s and are refreshed each time he gains another. When he is Knocked Up, Knocked Back, Grabbed, Pulled, Banished or otherwise disrupted, the bowl loses half of it’s Stacks until he begins to fill it again.|
Damage Reduction: 1% per 2% of Maximum Health taken
|Reduction Lost: 5%|
Maximum Reduction: 10%
|Kuzenbo summons and throws the powerful NeNe Kappa, who can ricochet off of walls. After firing, if the NeNe Kappa bounces off of a wall, it will travel 70 units from that point up to a maximum of 2 bounces. If an Enemy God is hit by the NeNe Kappa, it will burst forth from its shell and attack them. Targets hit by the thrown NeNe Kappa are Slowed by 20%.|
|Ability: Line Attack Special|
Damage: 70/105/140/175/210 (+55% of your magical power)
Kappa Damage per Hit: 35/45/55/65/75
Kappa Health: 25/30/35/40/45 (+20% of your maximum health)
|The Spikes on Kuzenbo’s shell extend out, reflecting a percentage of the damage enemies deal to Kuzenbo back at them. While active, each time Kuzenbo takes damage, the cooldown on NeNe Kappa is reduced.|
% Reflected of damage taken: 20/25/30/35/40%
Cooldown Per Hit: .5/.7/.9/1.1/1.3s
|Kuzenbo charges forward, immune to Slows and Roots, damaging Enemy Minions and using his immense strength to push the first Enemy God he hits along with him. Each subsequent God he hits deals damage to both that God and the God Kuzenbo is pushing. Colliding with a wall will also deal damage to the pushed God. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 16s.|
Damage per Hit: 80/110/140/170/200 (+35% of your magical power)
|Kuzenbo pulls himself inwards under his shell and spins, summoning fierce currents that knock Enemies back, increase his Movement Speed, and allow him to move freely in all directions. Damage after the first spin is reduced by 50%.|
Damage First Hit: 80/130/180/230/280 (+40% of your magical power)
As Kuzenbo, reflect back 280 Damage in a single use of your Spiked Shell Ability.
As Kuzenbo, knock up an enemy God 3 times in a single use of your Watery Grave Ability.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.13) Note: Kaijunbo skin added. NeNe Kappa Targets hit by the thrown NeNe Kappa are Slowed by 20%. Sumo Slam increase turn radius, allowing for sharper turning. Cooldown reduced from 16s flat → 16/15/14/13/12s. Watery Grave adjusted the Knockup from this Ability. Targets will now be Knocked Up into the air more and pushed to the side less.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Shin-bo skin added.
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Honorbound skin and dance emote added.
- (Patch 4.7) Note: NeNe Kappa now inherits 20% of Kuzenbo’s current Health and Protections in addition to its base.
- (Patch 4.4) Note: Mastery skins added. Increased NeNe Kappa’s Attack Damage from 25/35/45/55/65 → 35/45/55/65/75. Increased Cooldown Reduction on NeNe Kappa per Hit from .2/.3/.4/.5/.6s → .5/.7/.9/1.1/1.3s. Fixed an issue where Spell Spikes could not be used while in a Knockup.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Fixed progression on the stats page showing as “undefined”. Fixed a description error to properly convey the Damage Mitigation Water Bowl provides. Shell Spikes can now be activated while Kuzenbo is under the effects of Crowd Control. Watery Grave reduced Duration of from 2.8s → 2.1s (one less maximum Knock-up), increased first hit Damage from 60/100/140/180/220 → 80/130/180/230/280, increased per tick Damage from 30/50/70/90/110 → 40/65/90/110/140, increased Movement Speed Buff from 35% → 45%, and fixed an issue where Kuzenbo could be Knocked-up during the warm-up for this Ability. Sumo Slam increased Damage from 65/95/125/155/185 → 80/110/140/170/200.
- (Patch 4.2) Note: Kuzenbo release.