Izanami, Matron of the Dead, is a hunter of the Japanese pantheon in Smite.
As Izanami gave birth to the god of Fire, his searing skin scorched her flesh. Fearful she would die, her husband, Izanagi, the man with whom she had created the world, held her close and wept. But it was too late. So grievous were the wounds, Izanami succumbed to death.
To rescue her soul, Izanagi traveled to Yomi, the realm of the darkness and death. Through the black maze he searched, until finally he came upon her, hidden amongst the shadows. He implored her to return with him. She could not, for she had already eaten the fruit that grew in Yomi. Izanagi insisted. He would not leave her in this place. He swore it.
Izanami agreed to take her husband to see the Gods of Yomi, to implore them to free her. Meanwhile, remain in darkness, she cautioned him, for the realm of the dead was not meant for the living to see. Taken by foreboding, Izanagi lit a torch and laid eyes upon his wife. No longer the graceful, elegant beauty she once was, Izanami now appeared a rotting corpse, hollow and decayed, maggot ridden and foul. Frightened and disgusted, Izanagi broke his vow and fled.
Through the bowels of Yomi he ran, pursued by the fiend that was once his wife. Escaping the cave entrance, Izanagi rolled a boulder in place to block it. Sealed within, betrayed and cursed, consumed with wrathful anger, Izanami swore, one thousand lives would she take each day. One thousand to pay for the broken promise he made.
Since then, Izanami has kept her vow, each day reaching beyond the grave to pull souls to Yomi. But war has broken the boulder that once kept her sealed away, and Izanami has emerged, cold and lifeless, but burning with a vengeance against all that lives. One thousand souls will not be enough.
|Death Draws Nigh|
|The closer Izanami gets to death, the more powerful she becomes. Izanami gains 4% Physical Penetration for each 15% of her Health that is missing, up to a maximum of 20%.|
Penetration per Stack: 4%
|Max Stacks: 5|
|For 6s, Izanami throws her kama sickles even faster and more furiously. While active, they no longer return to her but instead do 100% of her Basic Attack damage plus additional bonus damage. She may reactivate this ability to revert to her normal Basic Attacks.|
Attack Speed: 55/60/65/70/75%
Bonus Damage: 5/10/15/20/25
|Izanami sends forth a demonic visage of herself to strike down her enemies, damaging and Slowing all Enemies in a line. If an Enemy God is killed while slowed by this ability, future uses of the slow will be increased by 6% per kill up to twice, for a maximum of 30%.|
Damage: 65/115/165/215/265 (+90% of your physical power)
Slow: 18% + 6% per Kill (Max 30%)
Slow Duration: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s
|Izanami descended into the underworld, becoming Stealthed, before leaping away from her current position. Firing a damaging Ability or Basic Attack breaks her Stealth.|
|Izanami summons a dark portal which Damages and Silences all Enemies in range.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Damage: 250/350/450/550/650 (+130% of your physical power)
As Izanami, max out Summon Demons by getting a kill or assist on 2 enemies whey they are slowed by it.
As Izanami, kill an enemy God while at or below 25% Health.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Fade Away decreased Mana Cost from 90/85/80/75/70 → 70 at all Ranks.
- (Patch 4.7) Note: Minion Damage can no longer break the Stealth from Fade Away.
- (Patch 4.4) Note: Dreadful Doll skin released.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Base Damage decreased from 40 → 36.
- (Patch 3.22) Note: Base Damage increased from 36 → 40. Basic Attack Damage per Level increased from 2.05 → 2.4.
- (Patch 3.19) Note: Plague-Bearer and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.18) Note: Izanami’s Basic Attacks now deal 75% damage going out and 25% damage going in, changed from 50%/50%. Base Attack Speed increased from .85 → .95. Izanami is now invisible to minions when she begins channeling Fade Away.
- (Patch 3.17) Note: Fade Away increased Stealth duration from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 → 4/4.5/5/5.5/6. Dark Portal increased Damage from 250/340/430/520/610 → 250/350/450/550/650. Increased Scaling from 120% → 130%.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Izanami released.