Hou Yi, Defender of the Earth, is a hunter of the Chinese pantheon in Smite.
In a time long past, an unexpected calamity came to be. From whence none knew, ten suns rose above the horizon. Such incessant light and heat ravaged the earth, wilting fields of grain, drying rivers, even melting forged metal. Bent beneath the scorching rays, the people begged the Emperor-God Di Jun to aid them. In reply, he called the great archer, Hou Yi.
Armed with a mystical red bow and a quiver of white arrows, Hou Yi traveled to Earth. What he found was a barren land. Shielding his eyes, he peered to the sky where the ten suns cruelly flared.
Nocking arrow to bow, Hou Yi loosed a warning at the suns hoping to frighten them away, but they impassively remained. So Hou Yi drew again and fired a killing shot. Pierced, the sun exploded in color and a giant red raven with three legs fell to the earth, slain by the white arrow.
Eight times more Hou Yi drew arrow to cheek. Eight shots more he let fly. Eight more bursts rent the sky, and eight more ravens fell dead. But one sun he left, and so fearful of Hou Yi's archery, this sun behaved, dipping below the horizon.
Now armed with the power of the red ravens he smote, sending light and fire against those that threaten the world, be it monster or beast, dragon or sun, man or God, Hou Yi is the Defender of the Earth.
|Hou Yi fires a powerful shot that can ricochet off of walls. After firing, if this arrow bounces off of a wall it will travel 70 units from that point and gain +50% bonus damage per bounce up to a maximum of 2 bounces. This arrow will stun if the target has Mark of the Golden Crow.|
|Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% of your physical power)|
|Stun Duration: 1s|
Ability: Line Target
|Mark of the Golden Crow|
|Hou Yi marks an enemy with Mark of the Golden Crow. Marked enemies take extra damage for every 10% of their missing health from Hou Yi’s abilities and basic attacks. At rank 3, marked enemies are visible to Hou Yi on the minimap including stealthed gods. At rank 5, Hou Yi gains +25% penetration against the marked enemy god. The mark lasts for 15s.|
|Damage Increase: 1/2/3/4/5% for every 10% of missing health|
Affects: Enemy Gods
|Hou Yi launches into the air, holding his bow above his head as he glides forward. After a short time Hou Yi quickly dives to the ground damaging any enemies in the immediate area. If the target has Mark of the Golden Crow they are knocked back.|
|Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+30% of your physical power)|
|Travel Time: 1.5s|
|Hou Yi shoots nine arrows into the sky, striking one sun with each arrow. The nine suns come crashing down one by one, dealing damage in a target area over time. A target with Mark of the Golden Crow will have their movement speed slowed by 20% for .5s on every hit.|
|Damage: 80/90/100/110/120 (+25% of your Physical power) every 0.5s|
|After taking a critical hit, Hou Yi can’t be critically hit again for 3s.|
|Ability: Passive||Affects: Self|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old Cards Edit
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.12) Note: Heaven's Arrow skin added.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Increased Base Attack speed from .9 → .95. Increased Base Power from 38 → 40.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Hou Ru Kai and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Sunbreaker now Slows all targets inside it by 20% for .5s on every hit. Increased Slow on target’s marked by Mark of the Golden Crow from 20% → 40% and increased duration from .25s → .5s.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Ricochet base damage increased from 70/110/150/190/230 → 75/120/165/210/255. Scaling increased from 60% → 65%. Bonus damage per ricochet decreased from 50% → 40%. Mark of the Golden Crow removed the bonus 25% penetration provided at Rank 5. This ability now reveals all marked targets at all Ranks. Duration reduced from 15s → 10s.