Hades, King of the Underworld, is a mage of the Greek pantheon in Smite.
Inevitably, death sends everyone to Hades, God of the Underworld. In the end, he always gets his way.
Eldest son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, Hades was swallowed by his father as an infant along with five other siblings. Zeus, the youngest brother, escaped this fate and freed them once he’d grown strong enough to battle Cronus. Together, the six siblings defeated the Titans and banished them to the dark realm of Tartarus. Now the reigning Gods, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades drew lots for dominion. Hades drew the Underworld.
Of the few that have entered the Underworld and come back, all speak dismally of the place, never wishing to return. Yet Hades, himself, rarely leaves the subterranean realm, constantly seeking ways to grow the numbers of the dead.
When he desired a wife, Hades captured the radiant Persephone, daughter of the Goddess Demeter. Concealed in the Underworld, none could reach her, so Demeter cursed the land with a great famine. The other Gods pleaded with her to end it lest she destroy mankind, but she would not relent until her daughter was returned. Hades finally let Persephone leave, though not before feeding her pomegranate seeds. Having consumed the fruit, she was bound forever to Hades and required to return to her husband once per year to eat of the seeds again. This, it is said, is a time of mourning and the cause of winter.
While many fear death and view it as evil, in truth, Hades endeavors only to keep balance. He is stern but fair. As God of the Dead and the Underworld, he views his authority on this matter absolute, forbidding anyone to leave his realm and growing wrathful when disobeyed or when someone tries to cheat death or steal from him.
For everyone, death is unavoidable and service to Hades inevitable. Even the Gods.
|Death from Below|
|Hades descends into the ground and erupts from below at his ground location, doing damage to all enemies in the area. If the enemy is Blighted, they are also slowed. Applies Blight.|
|Damage: 50/85/120/155/190 (+60% of your magical power)|
Slow Duration: 2s
|Shroud of Darkness|
|Hades silences all enemies in a cone in front of him. If the enemy is Blighted, they are also feared. Applies Blight.|
|Hades devours the souls of his enemies, dealing damage in a radius around him. If the enemy is Blighted, the enemy explodes dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing your allies. Enemy gods only take 50% of the damage from detonating Blights. Consumes Blight.|
|Damage: 75/115/155/195/235 (+70% of your magical power)|
Detonated Healing: 25/35/45/55/65 (+15% of your magical power)
Detonated Damage: 20/27/34/41/48 (+50% of your magical power)
Detonation Radius: 20
|Pillar of Agony|
|Hades calls to all enemy souls nearby, pulling them closer to him over time, doing damage every .5s for 4s. If the enemy is Blighted, their protections are reduced. Hades also gains protections for the duration.|
|Damage per Tick: 45/60/75/90/105 (+30% of your magical power)|
Protections Debuff Lifetime: 4s
Protections Debuff: 10/15/20/25/30
|Hades' normal staff attacks apply a debuff to the enemy, called Blight. This debuff stays on the target and can be refreshed. If an enemy is afflicted by Blight, each of Hades' other powers have an additional effect.|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Hades, land a single Pillar of Agony on 3 enemy gods affected with Blight.
As Hades apply Blight on your enemies to augment all four of your abilities in one game.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.2) Note: Ragnarok and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Death From Below increased Cooldown from 12s → 14s. Shroud of Darkness decreased Cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11 → 14/13/12/11/10s. Devour Souls decreased Magical Power Scaling on the Detonate Heal from 15% → 10%.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Reduced Physical Protection scaling from 3.2 → 2.6, reduced Base Health from 490 → 450, and increased Base Attack Speed from .87 → .95. Death From Below increased Damage from 50/85/120/155/190 → 70/120/170/220/270. Shroud of Darkness reduced Mana cost from 80 → 60. Devour Souls now deals Detonate Damage to the Target being Detonated. Reduced Mana cost from 65/75/85/95/105 → 60/65/70/75/80. Added new FX to show the radius of the Detonate from the affected Targets. Added new FX to show the radius during the warm up. Pillar of Agony increased Protections from 60/65/70/75/80 → 60/70/80/90/100. Pillar of Agony no longer consumes Blight. Blighted Targets will now have their Magical Protections reduced before taking the first tick of damage.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Blight duration increased from 5s → 8s. Shroud of Darkness no longer Knocks Back Minions. Pillar of Agony increased Protection buff from 40/50/60/70/80 → 60/65/70/75/80.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Heebee Chibi skin added.
- (Patch Season 3) Note: Moved Class from Guardian → Mage.