As a man, Guan Yu was the embodiment of loyalty, honor, and strength. As a God, he is a guardian of justice, a hero to the downtrodden, the Saint of War.
In the ancient times of the East, a great war between Three Kingdoms raged. The warlord Liu Bei, and his friends, Zheng Fei, and the mighty Guan Yu swore an oath of brotherhood in a mystical peach garden, vowing to create a new, righteous world. Together, they fought countless battles against the warlords Cao Cao and Sun Quan, and Guan Yu grew famous for his combat prowess and unwavering honor.
During the war, Cao Cao captured Guan Yu. At the time, Liu Bei’s fate was uncertain, so he agreed to fight for Cao Cao under specific terms, chiefly that he would abandon Cao Cao if ever he learned the whereabouts of his sworn brother. Despite Cao Cao’s gifts and promises of wealth, when Liu Bei resurfaced, Guan Yu immediately went to his side. Years later, Guan Yu again faced Cao Cao on the battlefield as the warlord fled from his defeat at Red Cliffs. Guan Yu cut off Cao Cao’s retreat and obliterated his forces. Cao Cao, however, he spared and released, as a matter of honor.
After his death, Guan Yu’s spirit remained at a holy shrine, coming to the aid of nearby villagers in need, battling the cruel and selfish. From all over the East, worshippers came to the shrine and burned incense to honor him. Such popularity led to Faith, and thus Guan Yu was raised as a God, deified a few hundred years later.
Now, he embodies the virtues he lived by. His statues, wielding a massive guan dao, ward against evil. Red faced to represent loyalty, his likeness is carried by merchants as proof they can be trusted. If their cause is just, he leads armies to victory. Among the Gods of any Pantheon, there are few as deadly and none as righteous as Guan Yu.
|Guan Yu's courageous leadership is infectious and, when focused, heals himself and his allies. Healing friendly gods reduces all cooldowns by 2s.|
Affects: Allies and Self
|[[File:|link=Warrior's Will]]||Warrior's Will|
|Guan Yu charges forward, his Green Dragon Crescent Blade extended in front of him. All enemies in his path take damage and are slowed. Hitting enemy gods lowers all of Guan Yu's cooldowns by 2s. Guan Yu is immune to roots, cripples, and knockups while dashing.|
|Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 (+60% of your physical power)|
Slow Duration: 2s
|[[File:|link=Taolu Assault]]||Taolu Assault|
|Guan Yu spins his blade in a controlled but furious display, slicing enemies for damage every .3s for 3s. Each hit steals enemy protections, giving them to Guan Yu. Guan Yu is immune to knockback for the duration.|
|Damage Per Hit: 15/25/35/45/55 (+20% of your physical power)|
Protections Stolen: 2/4/6/8/10 Max 3 Stacks
|Protection Duration: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s|
|[[File:|link=Cavalry Charge]]||Cavalry Charge|
|Guan Yu mounts his warhorse and charges for 4s. While mounted, he can steer and attack and is immune to crowd control. Enemies hit take damage and are slowed. Each hit increases damage from consecutive hits against that target by 20%. Enemies hit on the dismount are stunned. You can also cancel it dismount early.|
|Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (+30% of your physical power)|
|Damage Escalation: 20% per hit|
Slow: 25% for 2s
|Guan Yu gains force of will as he takes from any source or does damage to a god. Each instance of damage he receives charges up his Conviction ability, increasing its healing by up to 2x after 20 hits.|
|Max Heal Multiplier: 2x|
|Num Hits To Full Charge: 20|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
- Can play both offensively and defensively, unlike many warriors. He can either be a major supportive god who heals and assists teammates on kills, or can charge into battle like a warlord.
- If you want to play a support, get a lot of cooldown reduction items, and mana items.
- Warrior's Will
- This is great for taking out a large clump of minions, due to its rather large area.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.10) Note: Conviction Decreased Boosted Healing from 2x healing to 1.5x healing.
- (Patch 5.8) Note: The third hit of Guan Yu’s hit chain now cleaves. The last hit of Guan Yu’s hit chain range has been increased from 12 to 16. The first two hits of Guan Yu’s hit chain have remain unchanged. Painless Stacks now only reset when out of combat, rather than being consumed by a single ability.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Warrior’s Will increased Physical Power Scaling from 50% → 60%. Taolu Assault increased Duration of Protection Steal from 3s → 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s.
- (Patch 4.3) Note: Guan Unicorn and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Conviction decreased Base Healing from 65/95/125/155/185 → 50/75/100/125/150. Decreased Boosted Healing from 130/190/250/310/370 → 100/150/200/250/300. Warrior’s Will decreased Mana Cost from 60/70/80/90/100 → 60/65/70/75/80. Slow Reduced from 30% → 20%. Boosted Slow reduced from 60% → 40%. Cavalry Charge increased Base Damage from 75/100/125/150/175 → 85/115/145/175/205.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Painless Decreased the number of hits to max stacks from 30 → 20. Conviction Increased Healing from 50/80/110/140/170 → 65/95/125/155/185.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: New Passive – Painless Each time Guan Yu deals -or receives damage he gains a stack. Stacks are gained from minions and gods. At max stacks the next ability used will have a boosted effect. Maximum stacks increased from 20 → 30. Conviction Healing increased from 50/80/110/140/170 → 100/160/210/280/340 when boosted by Painless. Warrior’s Will Slow increased from 30% → 60% when boosted by Painless. Taolu Assault Protection Steal increased from 2/4/6/8/10 → 3/6/9/12/15 when boosted by Painless. Cavalry Charge Slow increased from 20% to 40% and Stun increased from 1s → 2s when boosted by Painless.
- (Patch Season 3) Note: Increased base movement speed from 365 → 375.