There are several Game Modes in SMITE, separated into four groups:
- Arena (Practice): Offline version of the Arena game mode, where players fight against five AI-controlled enemy gods while being aided by four allied ones.
- Assault (Practice): Offline version of the Assault game mode, where players fight against five AI-controlled enemy gods while being aided by four allied ones.
- Conquest (Practice): Offline version of the Conquest game mode, where players can roam freely and try new strategies in a safe environment. Players can also fight against five AI-controlled enemy gods while being aided by four allied gods on the three lanes.
- Joust (Practice): Offline version of the Joust game mode, where players fight alone against a single, AI-controlled enemy god.
- Jungle Practice: Exclusive practice mode. A small map where players can level and gear up their God at will to test different strategies. Here players can find several separated sections where they can fight all the neutral camps, a constantly respawning minion wave, and AI-controlled enemy gods.
- Tutorial: Basic tutorial for new players. It teaches how to control characters, the main objectives in the game, and other things.
Co-op is a version of the regular game modes, except a team of 5 players face off against AI-controlled gods. These are the following game modes that you can play in Co-op:
- MOTD: A variant of the other modes. This mode changes every day. It can go from "All Hercules in Arena" to "100k, all Random gods in Conquest"
- Adventures: Limited-time gamemodes including Nike's Valley of Victory, Apollo's Racer Rumble, and Trials of King Hercules.
Ranked is the group for which more competitive and skilled players play in. To make sure all players in ranked will take it seriously, they must be level 30 and also own at least 16 gods in Mastery Rank I.