Freya, Queen of the Valkyries, is a mage of the Norse pantheon in Smite.
Valkyries, the elite and angelic warriors of the Nordic Pantheon, are as beautiful and dangerous as a midnight winter storm. Yet their queen, Freya, so irresistibly desirable, so uncompromising in warfare, make the Valkyries seem nothing more than plain paper dolls. She’s the object of desire for every God, every man, and the envy of every woman. Even the Frost Giants crave her for their own, often devising devious plans to trick or force her into marriage. But Freya is proud and strong, with the cunning to escape her enemies and ruthlessly retaliate. Every rose bears thorns, but this one wields swords.
Were it up to her, Freya would have little to do with blood and blades. Her name literally means “the lady,” and none of more worthy of the title. She adores bright flowers, pleasant company, and the sweet lilt of a sad love song. She’s sensual and amorous, invoked by worshipers seeking to bear a child or find a lover. Ruler of the realm of Sessrumnir, a place much like Valhalla, where the souls of dead warriors spend eternity, Freya provides comfort and bliss to the fallen.
Once, Freya was married to the mysterious and elusive God, Od. Immediately following their wedding, Od went on a journey to distant and inhospitable lands. So long was he gone the Gods presumed him dead. Distraught and heartbroken, Freya spilled tears of gold and searched the globe for him. Finally, she discovered him ship-wrecked and twisted into a hideous sea monster. Melancholy but loyal, she stayed and comforted him. Though one night, while she slept, a daring hunter slew the beast Od had become. Moved by Freya’s utter despair, the Gods agreed to allow Od into Sussrumnir, despite the fact he had not died in battle, so he and Freya could remain together forever.
|Freya's necklace grants her additional magical lifesteal.|
|Ability: Buff||Magical Lifesteal: 15%|
|Freya activates a buff that makes her basic attacks do additional magical damage.|
Damage per Attack: 40/55/70/85/100 (+25% of your magical power)
|Freya activates a buff that makes her basic attacks ranged, dealing additional magical damage and slowing the target and all nearby enemies. The area effect is lost and the slow is reduced to 15% when Irradiate is active.|
Damage per Attack: 25/35/45/55/65 (+15% of your magical power)
|At her ground target location, Freya banishes her enemies into the air for a short time. The enemies can't be hit or take action while in the air.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Banish Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s
|Freya uses her Cloak of Feathers to fly above the battlefield where she fires down blasts of magical damage up to 4 times while flying. Freya can't be hit when at full ascension and can cancel it anytime.|
Damage per Blast: 120/150/180/210/240 (+35% of your magical power)
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Freya kill an enemy God using Valkyries Discretion while you are at 15% health or less.
As Freya banish three or more enemy Gods with a single Banish.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.15) Note: Decreased Base Attack Speed from 1.0 → .95. Pulse Decreased Pulse Bonus Damage from 30/40/50/60/70 → 25/35/45/55/65.
- (Patch 4.14) Note: Increased Base Attack Speed from .95 → 1.0. Pulse Increased Base Damage from 20/30/40/50/60 → 30/40/50/60/70.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: Ordo Aurora skin added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Valkyrie’s Discretion Decreased Base Damage from 120/150/180/210/240 → 100/135/170/205/240.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Adjusted Banish duration from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 → 1.5s at all ranks. Updated visual FX to show when banished targets will fall. Reduced Mana Cost from 75 at all ranks → 70/65/60/55/50.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Get Served skin added.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Freya visual update. Standard, Recolor, Valkyrie, and Mastery skins remodeled.