Valkyries, the elite and angelic warriors of the Nordic Pantheon, are as beautiful and dangerous as a midnight winter storm. Yet their queen, Freya, so irresistibly desirable, so uncompromising in warfare, make the Valkyries seem nothing more than plain paper dolls. She’s the object of desire for every God, every man, and the envy of every woman. Even the Frost Giants crave her for their own, often devising devious plans to trick or force her into marriage. But Freya is proud and strong, with the cunning to escape her enemies and ruthlessly retaliate. Every rose bears thorns, but this one wields swords.
Were it up to her, Freya would have little to do with blood and blades. Her name literally means “the lady,” and none of more worthy of the title. She adores bright flowers, pleasant company, and the sweet lilt of a sad love song. She’s sensual and amorous, invoked by worshipers seeking to bear a child or find a lover. Ruler of the realm of Sessrumnir, a place much like Valhalla, where the souls of dead warriors spend eternity, Freya provides comfort and bliss to the fallen.
Once, Freya was married to the mysterious and elusive God, Od. Immediately following their wedding, Od went on a journey to distant and inhospitable lands. So long was he gone the Gods presumed him dead. Distraught and heartbroken, Freya spilled tears of gold and searched the globe for him. Finally, she discovered him ship-wrecked and twisted into a hideous sea monster. Melancholy but loyal, she stayed and comforted him. Though one night, while she slept, a daring hunter slew the beast Od had become. Moved by Freya’s utter despair, the Gods agreed to allow Od into Sussrumnir, despite the fact he had not died in battle, so he and Freya could remain together forever.
|Freya’s Melee Basic Attacks heal her for 6% of her Maximum Mana per successful hit. Freya’s Ranged Basic Attacks and abilities heal her for 2% of her Maximum Health per successful hit up to once per shot.|
|Magical Lifesteal: 5% +.5% per level|
|Freya empowers her weapon making the next Basic Attack that hits an enemy within the next 5 seconds deal bonus magical damage in an area around each enemy hit. Enemies hit by the explosion are slowed for 2s. Minions take half damage from the explosion. Gods take 25% damage from any explosion damage after the first.|
|Bonus Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+20% of your Magical Power)|
|Freya can switch between empowering her Melee attacks or shooting pass-through Ranged Basic Attacks that stop on gods. Both her Melee and Ranged Basic Attacks gain bonus Magical Damage. Ranged Basic Attacks do not deal bonus Magical Damage to minions. While toggled on, each Ranged Basic Attack drains Mana.|
|Bonus Damage: 25/35/45/55/65 (+15% of your Magical Power)|
|At her ground target location, Freya banishes her enemies into the air for a short time. The enemies can't be hit or take action while in the air.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
|Banish Duration: 1.5s|
|Freya uses her Cloak of Feathers to fly above the battlefield where she fires down blasts of magical damage up to 4 times while flying. Freya can't be hit when at full ascension and can cancel it anytime.|
|Damage per Blast: 100/135/170/205/240 (+35% of your Magical Power)|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Freya kill an enemy God using Valkyries Discretion while you are at 15% health or less.
As Freya banish three or more enemy Gods with a single Banish.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.22) Note: Aurora Blade Reduce Ranged Bonus Damage from 20% to 15% Magical Power scaling. Reduced Range Bonus Damage from 20/30/40/50/60 to 16/27/38/49/60.
- (Patch 5.21) Note: Northern Lights Decreased Base Damage from 50/90/130/170/210 to 40/80/120/160/200.
- (Patch 5.19) Note: Decreased Movement Speed from 375 to 370.
- (Patch 5.18) Note: Northern Lights Updated the visual FX to show when her next ability will detonate. Aurora Blade Updated the visual FX that show when her ability is toggled on.
- (Patch 5.17) Note: Northern Lights Decreased Magical Power Scaling from 50% to 40%.
- (Patch 5.16) Note: Northern Lights Decreased Base Damage from 70/110/150/190/230 to 50/90/130/170/210.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Northern Lights Decreased Magical Power Scaling from 60% to 50%. Aurora Blade Decreased Mana Cost per shot from 25/33/41/49/57 to 20/25/30/35/40.
- (Patch 5.13) Note: Mystic Warrior Brisingamen’s Blessing has been reworked to Mystic Warrior. Freya’s Melee Basic Attacks restore 6% of her maximum mana per successful hit. Freya’s Ranged Basic Attacks and Abilities heal 2% of her maximum HP per successful hit up to once per shot. Northern Lights Irradiate has been reworked to Northern Lights. Freya empowers her weapon making the next Basic Attack that hits an enemy within the next 5 seconds deal bonus magical damage in an area around the enemy. Enemies hit by the explosion are slowed for 2s. Minions take half damage from the explosion. Each explosion past the first that hits a god will deal 25% of its total damage. Aurora Blade Pulse has been reworked to Aurora Blade. Freya can switch between empowering her Melee attacks or shooting pass-through Ranged Basic Attacks that stop on gods. Both her Melee and Ranged Basic Attacks gain bonus Magical Damage. While toggled on, each Ranged Basic Attack drains Mana. Minions take no bonus damage from the ranged version of Aurora Blade. Valkyrie's Discretion Decreased Damage per Blast from 100/135/170/205/240 to 80/115/150/185/220. Decreased Magical Power Scaling per hit from 35% to 30%.
- (Patch 4.15) Note: Decreased Base Attack Speed from 1.0 → .95. Pulse Decreased Pulse Bonus Damage from 30/40/50/60/70 → 25/35/45/55/65.
- (Patch 4.14) Note: Increased Base Attack Speed from .95 → 1.0. Pulse Increased Base Damage from 20/30/40/50/60 → 30/40/50/60/70.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: Ordo Aurora skin added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Valkyrie’s Discretion Decreased Base Damage from 120/150/180/210/240 → 100/135/170/205/240.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Adjusted Banish duration from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 → 1.5s at all ranks. Updated visual FX to show when banished targets will fall. Reduced Mana Cost from 75 at all ranks → 70/65/60/55/50.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Get Served skin added.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Freya visual update. Standard, Recolor, Valkyrie, and Mastery skins remodeled.