There is no creature, living nor dead, more greedy, more vile than a dwarf. In the frozen reaches of Asgaard, beneath her mighty stone peaks, do they dwell, ever hammering to forge more gold jewelry, to carve more gleaming gems, to breathe curses into their finery.
Among these wretched kin is Fafnir, son of Hreidmar, with a swollen smithing arm and a ravenous hunger for violence, both of which are eclipsed by his avarice.
Once Spring, Odin, Loki, and Honir visited Hreidmar's realm, bearing an otter pelt they'd skinned on their journey. Horrified, Hreidmar entombed the Aesir, for the otter was, in truth, his third son. Freedom would not be theirs until Loki returned with the hide filled with gold. Refusing to be outdone, the Trickster God, stuffed the pelt to bursting with the cursed treasure of Andvarri. Hreidmar, unaware of the maligned hoard, greedily exchanged the Aesir for the wealth. That night, curling his powerful arm, Fafnir strangled his father and vanished into the frosted night with the cursed gold.
And so it was that madness took him. Paranoid his last brother would steal the treasure, Fafnir guarded it jealously while the curse whispered in his ear. Slowly, surely, twisted he became, scaled and nightmarish. His breath turned to poison, his maw, fanged, his demeanor, fouler. A dragon, he became. The very symbol of greed.
For centuries Fafnir kept no company, but the War of the Gods grows ever closer, and the clink of coin runs rampant; a bulging sack on the belt of every warrior. He craves every piece, and spares no thought to shed blood for the glittering gold.
|Fafnir gains 2 bonus gold from all enemy kills and assists, including minions. Fafnir also gains bonus Protections based on the amount of gold he is currently holding. The bonuses gained from this ability are capped at 1000 gold in hand.|
|Ability: Buff||Bonus protections: Up to 20 Magical and Physical Protections|
|Fafnir hurls his hammer forward, dealing damage to enemies in its path. If Fafnir hits a god the hammer stops short and Stuns them. The Stunned god also radiates out a cursed pulse, Slowing them and nearby enemies by 20% for 3s.
In dragon form, this ability deals increased damage that ticks 3 times over 3s. Also, the cursed pulse shreds Protections in addition to Slowing.
|Damage: 80/125/170/215/260 (+50% of your Magical Power)|
Dragon Damage per Tick: 50/70/90/110/130 (+25% of your Magical Power)
Dragon Protection Debuff: 20%
|Fafnir coerces his allies into fighting harder, boosting Attack Speed for 5s and healing himself. While Coerce is active Fafnir deals bonus Magic Damage whenever the affected ally damages an enemy.
In dragon form, this ability has a larger area of effect and can buff multiple allies.
Affects: Allies and/or Self
|Attack Speed Buff: 15/20/25/30/35%|
Bonus Damage: 5/10/15/20/25% of the target's power
Self Heal: 50/70/90/110/130 (+30% of your Magical Power)
|Fafnir leaps to a target location and executes a despicable strike, dealing damage and disarming enemies in front of him for 2s.
In dragon form, Fafnir can leap much further. Also, this ability deals increased damage that ticks three times over 3s and Fafnir Stuns the enemy god closest to him for 2s in addition to Disarming.
|Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+60% of your Magical Power)|
Dragon Damage per Tick: 40/60/80/100/120 (+30% of your Magical Power)
|Fafnir transforms into a terrifying dragon and is untargetable during the process. When he emerges in dragon form, nearby enemies are poisoned, taking damage three times over 3s. He remains in this form for a duration or until the ability is activated again. As a dragon, his abilities have additional effects and his basic attack changes to a Dragon Breath that deals damage 3 times per second. Dragon Breath can not proc item hit effects.|
Affects: Self and Enemies
|Damage per Tick: 80/100/120/140/160 (+40% of your Magical Power)|
Dragon Breath Damage: 20/25/30/35/40 (+10% of your Magical Power)
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
As Fafnir boost all of your allies Attack Speed in a single match using Coerce.
As Fafnir slow or kill three or more enemy Gods at a single time using Cursed Strength.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.3) Note: Pot O' Gold skin added.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Cursed Strength Decreased Stun Duration from 1.5s to 1s in both Dwarf and Dragon form.
- (Patch 4.11) Note: Cursed Strength changed Slow from 20/25/30/35/40% → 20% at all ranks.
- (Patch 4.10) Note: Cursed Strength decreased Damage from 100/140/180/220/260 → 80/125/170/215/260. Coerce decreased Self Heal from 50/80/110/140/170 → 50/75/100/125/150. Increased Mana Cost from 50 → 50/55/60/65/70.
- (Patch 3.18) Note: Fixed Griffindwarf Fafnir in Griffin form not having his laugh audio.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Griffindwarf skin added.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Fixed an issue where Fafnir’s passive glow would persist after death. Endless Greed bonus gold per instance reduced from 4 → 2. Coerce increased cooldown from 13s → 15s.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Cursed Strength Decreased Dragon Protection Debuff from 20/25/30/35/40% → 20% at all ranks.
- (Patch 3.14) Note: Cursed Strength fixed an issue where the rank 5 for this ability would not apply a slow.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Mastery skins added. Underhanded Tactics Fixed an issue where this ability would stun improperly. This ability should now properly only hit the closest god.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Cursed Strength Stun increased from 1s → 1.5s at all ranks. Damage over Time in Dragon Form now deals damage at 0s, 1.5s, and 3s, instead of 1s, 2s, 3s. Underhanded Tactics Damage over Time in Dragon Form now deals damage at 0s, 1.5s, and 3s, instead of 1s, 2s, 3s Dragonic Corruption Damage over Time from dragon transformation now deals damage at 0s, 1.5s, and 3s, instead of 1s, 2s, 3s. Dragon Breath: Increased Damage from 10/15/20/25/30 → 20/25/30/35/40.