Erlang Shen, The Illustrious Sage, is a warrior of the Chinese pantheon in Smite.
Many are the legendary tales of Erlang Shen.
Hearing the riverlands surrounding his home were consumed by floods, he went to engineer new damns and canals. Yet the true source of the disaster proved to be an evil dragon. With seven companions, Erlang Shen ambushed the beast. Cowardly and quick the dragon slithered into the rapid river waters, but Erlang Shen captured it with a great chain and bound it beneath a shrine. Thus the floods subsided.
When Sun Wukong's troublesome antics drew the ire of the Jade Emperor, Erlang Shen faced the Monkey King on the battlefield. For every form Sun Wukong took, Erlang Shen transformed as well. Across sea and sky and land they battled. Thus was Sun Wukong sent fleeing for his life.
When the people were plagued by demons and monsters, Erlang Shen slaughtered them to keep his countrymen safe. Three-bladed spear in hand and hunting dog at his side, no evil could threaten the innocent of the Empire. Thus, Erlang came to be loved and worshipped.
A Goddess mother and a mere mortal father, he is of two worlds. He is both sage and soldier, humble yet regal, his veins filled with the blood of men and the divine blood of his uncle, the Jade Emperor. Having risen above his forbidden origins, Erlang Shen has proven himself among the greatest of heroes in the Jade Empire. Perhaps that is why he now takes the field. No demon, nor dragon, nor even the Monkey King himself has stood against him and won. To save the people, to save the world, Erlang Shen will fight, and another legend will be born!
|Howling Celestial Dog|
|Each time Erlang Shen hits an enemy with a Basic Attack, his dog hits as well for 15% of his Basic Attack power, which trigger items for Basic Attacks at 15% of their normal damage and can Critical Hit.|
|Ability: Buff||Damage: (+15% of your Basic Attack power)|
|Erlang Shen opens his third eye and analyzes the enemy’s strengths and weaknesses. When activated, Erlang Shen gains additional Physical Damage on each strike and ignores Basic Attack movement penalties for the duration for 5 seconds. While on Cooldown, successful Basic Attacks reduce the Cooldown of this ability.|
Physical Damage: 25/40/55/70/85 (+15% of your physical power)
|Erlang Shen launches a spear that damages enemies on impact. Enemies in the dead center of the effect when it lands are Crippled and Rooted in place.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Damage: 85/130/175/220/265 (+45% of your physical power)
Root Duration: 1.3s
|Erlang Shen transforms into a Mink or Turtle and charges forward.|
Mink: Damages all enemies, stopping on the first god hit and increasing Attack Speed for 6s.
Mink Damage: 90/150/210/270/330 (+85% of your physical power)
Mink Attack Speed: 15/20/25/30/35%
|Turtle Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+40% of your physical power)|
Shield Health: 70/110/145/180/215
|9 Turns Blessing|
|Erlang Shen Taunts nearby Enemy gods, gaining Damage Mitigation for the next 4s. Afterward, if Erlang Shen is still alive he is healed for a flat amount plus 20% of his Maximum Health.|
Heal: 150/225/300/375/450 (+15% of his Maximum Health)
Damage Mitigation: 10/11.25/12.5/13.75/15%
Taunt Duration: .8/.9/1/1.1/1.2s
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Knock up 3 or more enemies using the turtle form of 72 transformations.
While using 9 turns Blessing heal yourself using your ultimate while below 10% health.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Increased Base Power from 38 → 39. Increased Attack Speed per Level from .8 → 1.
- (Patch 4.8) Note: Queen’s Guard skin added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Pin ability no longer Cripples.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Spot Weakness no longer ignores Basic Attack movement penalties. 72 Transformations using Mink Form will now allow you to ignore Basic Attack Movement penalties for 5s. Reduced Turtle Shield and Mink Attack Buff durations from 6s → 5s.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Pin adjusted Root and Cripple durations from 1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6/1.75 → 1.3 at all ranks.
- (Patch 3.18) Note: Monster Trainer skin added.
- (Patch 3.16) Note: Pin Cooldown increased from 12s → 16s.
- (Patch 3.15) Note: Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.14) Note: Fixed an issue where Celestial Dog was not proccing Stone Cutting Sword. 9 Turns Blessing Improved audio and visual FX for clarity. Healing reduced from 150/240/330/420/510 → 150/225/300/375/450. Scaling reduced from 20% → 15%.
- (Patch 3.13) Note: Added emotes.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Erlang Shen released.