Cupid, the God of Love, is a hunter of the Roman pantheon in Smite.
An arrow from the bow of Cupid, chubby little God of Love, will make anyone give in to passion and desire.
Cupid, as he was called by the Romans, is the son of Venus and Mars, or Aphrodite and Ares as they were known by the Greeks. He is the God of love and desire, flying about on feathery wings, shooting passion-tipped arrows at all the creatures of the earth. When struck with one of his arrows, man and beast alike fall in love with the next thing they see. Without Cupid’s steady aim, there would be no love in this world, which is precisely what happened when Cupid fell in love himself.
Psyche was a mortal of astounding beauty, which made Venus venomously jealous. Venus ordered Cupid to sting her with an arrow, then arranged for Psyche to fall in love with a spider. Invisible, Cupid reluctantly went to Psyche as she slept, yet, she woke suddenly and saw right through Cupid’s invisibility. Surprised, Cupid cut himself on his own arrow and fell immediately in love with Psyche.
Furious, Venus would not let Cupid marry Psyche, so Cupid stopped shooting arrows, people stopped falling in love and stopped worshipping Venus. Panicked, the Goddess of beauty relented and Cupid went back to work. Psyche was whisked to a secret location. Cupid visited her only at night so she could not see who he was. Fearing him to be a terrible monster, Psyche waited for Cupid to fall asleep and lit a lantern. Surprised at what she found, she accidentally scraped one of Cupid’s arrows and fell in love with him.
Venus was displeased and forbade Psyche to see her son, forcing her to complete a series of impossible challenges that Psyche overcame only with mystical help. Finally, Cupid begged Jupiter (Zeus) to intervene. Casually, he declared Psyche and Cupid could be together. Thus, Cupid fed Psyche the drink of ambrosia that made her immortal and the God of love got to live happily ever after.
|Every hit with a basic attack gives Cupid a stack that increases the damage and healing of his abilities. At 8 stacks, Heart Bomb and Fields of Love will also apply a 1s stun.|
|Damage per Stack: 2%|
Stun Duration: 1s
|Max Stacks: 8|
|Cupid fires an arrow of love at the target, causing damage when it hits and slowing them. After a short time, the targets heart explodes, dealing the damage again to the target and all enemies within the radius.|
|Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+90% of your physical power)|
Detonation Duration: 3s
|Share the Love|
|Cupid places 3 floating hearts at his ground target location that heal himself or allied gods when picked up. Cupid regenerates mana for each heart that is picked up by an ally.|
|Heal per Heart: 30/50/70/90/110 (+25% of your Physical Power)|
Ability: Ground Target
|Mana Regen per Heart: 30|
Heart Lifetime: 8s
|Cupid flutters quickly forward, leaving a trail behind him that increases all allies movement speed. Cupid also gains attack speed for a short time after fluttering!|
|Movement Speed: 30%|
|Attack Speed: 10/15/20/25/30%|
|Fields of Love|
|Cupid fires arrows of love at his ground target location, slowing enemies in the area and crippling them, preventing movement abilities. The arrows grow and explode, dealing damage and mesmerizing enemies. Any damage done breaks the mesmerize effect.|
|Damage: 220/300/380/460/540 (+100% of your physical power)|
Ability: Ground Target
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Cupid Kill three or more gods with the damage from Heart Bomb.
As Cupid heal each of your teammates by using Share the Love.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 4.19) Note: Trick or Treat skin added.
- (Patch 4.14) Note: Dr. Madlove and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: Head Over Heals skin added.
- (Patch 3.18) Note: Lovestruck tooltip has been adjusted to accommodate for changes listed below. Heart Bomb increased Cooldown from 10s → 12s. Increased radius of the Heart Bomb’s explosion area from 20 → 25 units. Added an FX to Heart Bomb to indicate the explosion area. Share The Love no longer consumes Lovestruck Heart Stacks. Flutter no longer provides Attack Speed when cast. Flutter now provides 4/8/12/16/20% passive Attack Speed. Reduced the Cooldown from 19/18/17/16/15s → 16/15/14/13/12. Fields of Love changed how this ability functions with Lovestruck. Fields of Love now mesmerizes enemies for 1.5s when activated with less than 8 hearts. At max hearts, the mesmerize increases to 3s.
- (Patch 3.3) Note: Guttersniper skin added.