Not always born in the crucible of creation, sometimes Gods ascend by tragic happenstance. Such is the tale of Chang’e, Goddess of the Moon.
Among the immortals that lived in the Heavens, Chang’e was the most elegant dancer, like a dove on windswept currents. She drew the affection of the hero archer, Hou Yi, and the two were soon married. Everything was perfect.
Yet, beneath the Heavens, all was not well. Ten suns, the ten children of the Jade Emperor, rose to scorch the earth and boil the seas. Brave Hou Yi, bow in hand, shot nine from the sky, sparing only one. Though the world was saved, the Jade Emperor was furious his children were killed. In punishment, Hou Yi and Chang’e were made mortal.
Chang’e grew melancholy and danced no more. To restore their status in the Heavens, Hou Yi found the Elixir of Immortality, but thieves came to steal it while he was hunting. Chang’e struggled to hide the Elixir, but, in the end, was forced to drink it. Too much for one person, the Elixir gave her immortality, but it also swept her into the sky.
Since then, Chang’e has lived on the moon, forbidden to see her husband, a Jade Rabbit her only companion. Yet, the Earth is once again in peril, and Chang’e finds herself upon the mortal surface. Perhaps, this is a second chance. If only she can save the world without angering the Jade Emperor, she can at last reunite with her husband.
|Chang'e can purchase or sell items from anywhere and her Jade Rabbit companion will fetch them. When the Rabbit reaches the store then returns, the transaction completes. Only one item can be purchased or sold in this way at a time. Chang'e also gains +25% movement speed with no backpedal penalty when using her dances.|
|Dance Move Speed: +25%|
|Crescent Moon Dance|
|Chang'e flings a crescent moon in an arc, dealing damage to all enemies in its path.|
|Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+60% of your Magical Power)|
|Chang'e performs an evasive spin dance. She is unable to be hit during the action. For each tick of damage from an ability that was avoided, Chang'e restores Mana to herself and her allies.|
|Mana Restored: 20/30/40/50/60 per tick avoided|
Affects: Self and Ally
|Chang'e twirls, scattering flowers around her, and healing herself and all nearby allies and damaging nearby enemies. Moonflower Dance also reduces the healing of all nearby enemies.|
|Heal: 50/70/90/110/130 (+30% of your Magical Power)|
Damage: 65/90/115/140/165 (+30% of your Magical Power)
|Healing Reduction: 50%|
Affects: Enemy and Ally
|Chang'e's Waxing Moon dance is captivating, with this dance dealing damage and Stunning enemy gods in front of her. Each subsequent god that gets Stunned is Stunned for longer than the previous one.|
|Damage: 160/235/310/385/460 (+70% of your Magical Power)|
Stun: 1s + 1s for each god already Stunned
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Chang’e, evade an enemy ability using Moonlight Waltz that would have hit you for 500 damage or more.
As Chang’e, send Jade to buy 10 Items in a single match.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.3) Note: Countess skin added.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Now all mages have magic prot scalings of .9 per level.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Moonlit Waltz increased Cooldowns from 20/18/16/14/12 → 20/18.5/17/15.5/14.Moonflower Dance increased Cooldown from 10s → 12s.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Intergalactic skin added.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Jade Rabbit increase Speed to run to Base from 1.7x Player’s Speed → 3.5x Player’s Speed, decreasing trip time from ~44s → ~34s with Boots in Mid Lane. Moonlit Waltz decreased setup time .1s → 0s. Moonflower Dance decreased Magical Power Scaling on Heal from 40% → 30%. Increased Magical Power Scaling on Damage from 30% → 50%.
- (Patch 3.14) Note: Enchanted skin added.
- (Patch 3.12) Note: Moonflower Dance scaling on the healing portion of this ability increased from 30% → 40%.