Rain is life. Showers from above soak the earth, feeding seeds which grow into precious fruits and grains. Man and beast alike are sustained by this cycle. Without rain, this world would be barren and all living things would turn to dust. Thus is the power of Chaac, God of Rain. But, like all great power, it did not come without cost.
In mankind’s earliest days there were no farmers, so they starved beneath the sun. For days, Chaac sought a way to feed them. Deep in the mountains he discovered a golden boulder and cleft it with his mighty axe. Within was Maize, the crop that would change the Mayan people forever, and Chaac was worshipped and adored for it.
Drunk with pride, Chaac sought the object of his deepest desire, the wife of his brother. For a time, their affair remained secret, but that was not to last. Chaac’s brother, the Sun God, discovered them. Without a word, she dutifully returned to her husband and Chaac, realizing what he had done, let her go, but a rift formed between the two brothers that would never heal. In his grief, Chaac drove his axe into the sky, and from the wound tears of regret fell.
Since then, Chaac has chosen a life free of pride and selfishness, devoting himself only to mankind. As a reminder of his greatest failing, he continues to cleave the heavens, washing the land in sustaining waters. Thus do crops grow. Thus do the people survive. Thus is the power of Chaac, God of Rain.
|After 5 successful Basic Attacks, the next ability Chaac uses costs no Mana.|
|Ability: Passive||Affects: Self|
|Chaac throws his axe forward, damaging all enemies in a radius around its landing location. The axe remains idle in the ground for 5s or until another ability is used.|
|Damage: 80/140/200/260/320 (+60% of your Physical Power)|
|Ability: Ground Target|
|Chaac spins his axe around him, damaging all enemies, and gaining Protections for each enemy hit (max. 5). If his axe is out from Thunder Strike, he will first leap to the axe location, doing 50% base damage to enemies he passes through and then executing his spin attack.|
|Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+70% of your Physical Power)|
Ability: AOE, Leap
Protection Duration: 4s
|Chaac summons a rainstorm around his current location for 6s. While it rains, he regains Health, and enemies are caught in the mud and Slowed. If his axe is out from Thunder Strike, a rainstorm will also spawn at that location.|
|Healing: 10/15/20/25/30 (+15% of your Physical Power) every 0.5s|
Affects: Enemies and Self
|Chaac charges his lightning axe and unleashes a blast, Silencing and damaging all enemies around him. While in the air, Chaac has 50% damage mitigation and is immune to Crowd Control effects. If triggered within range of Chaac's axe from Thunder Strike, Storm Call will super-charge, dealing additional damage and also knocking up enemies.|
|Damage: 150/200/250/300/350 (+100% of your Physical Power)|
Additional Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 (20% of your Physical Power)
|Silence Duration: 3s|
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Chaac slow three or more enemy gods with Rain Dance
As Chaac hit three or more enemy gods in a match with Storm Call.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.21) Note: Righteous Hammer skin added.
- (Patch 5.16) Note: Overflow In addition to allowing the next ability cast to cost 0 mana when fully stacks, whatever ability is fired to consume the stacks has its cooldown reduced by 2s.
- (Patch 5.6) Note: Abyssal Executioner and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 4.25) Note: Rain Dance Now provides an Attack Speed slow of 5/10/15/20/25%.
- (Patch 4.17) Note: Storm Tech skin added.
- (Patch 3.19) Note: Chaac can now use Torrent while crippled, but only if no axe is deployed. Adjusted the tech of this ability to allow it to always hit enemies who are in the range of the spin. Storm Call will now always knockup enemies. Base Damage Increased from 200/250/300/350/400 → 250/300/350/400/450. Physical Power Scaling Increased from 100% → 120%.
- (Patch 3.3) Note: Chaacolate skin added.