In darkness he lurks. Patient as the night in all its silence. For beneath his inverted perch scampers prey. Whether beast, mortal, or God matters not, only satisfying the unquenchable thrum in his veins for the boiling blood of another creature. But there is never enough. There will never be enough. So Camazotz, bat-god, whose bestial form matches that of his nocturnal servants, lurks in the darkness, waiting only to feed.
Once before, when the hero twins, Xbalanque and Hunahpu ventured to the Xibalba, stumbling blindly into the blackness of his cave, did Camazotz defeat a God. Finding themselves surrounded by a swarm of leathery bats, screeching and flapping with frenzied glee, the hero twins cowered and hid, hoping for dawn to light their way out. Patient, as always, Camazotz waited. Hunahpu, unable to hold out, lifted his head from concealment to check for light. Camazotz leapt, sliding through the blackness like a dagger through skin, and snatched Hunahpu's head from his neck. Victorious, he presented his prize as trophy to the other underworld Gods. However, come the morning light, Xbalanque fashioned a new head for his brother from a gourd and the two escaped while Camazotz was away.
Long has Camazotz hung from his perch, watching as Gods clash and spill their sweet blood upon the earth. He's waited, ever watchful, ever patient, for the moment to strike. Now that the moon has risen, and night has come, Camazotz has disappeared into the darkness. When next he's seen, there will be blood on his fangs.
|Camazotz has a passive Essence Drinker bonus for Physical Lifesteal and Healing. Also, anytime a god dies they leave behind a pool of their essence in the spot they were slain. Camazotz may stand inside these pools to drink the essence every .5s, replenishing his Health and Mana.|
|Heal Per Drink: 2% Max Health|
Mana Per Drink: 2% Max Mana
Drinks Per Pool: 10
Essence Drinker Buff: 3% Physical Lifesteal and Increased Healing
|Camazotz screeches loudly and launches a sound wave that pierces through minions and deals damage.
If the screech hits an enemy god, the sound wave will echo. If Camazotz is hit by an echo, he gains vision of the God that was hit by screech for the next 15s and gains bonus Physical Power for the duration.
|Damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+70% of your physical power)|
Echo Buff: 20/25/30/35/40 Physical Power
|Camazotz commands a swarm of bats to fly out and attack a single target, damaging and slowing them by 30% for 3s and then carrying back a heal.
If the target was a Large Jungle monster they will be marked and Camazotz will receive a heal as well as a stackable Vampirism buff that lasts 210s. Marked monsters will not provide Camazotz with another stack of Vampirism or an additional heal.
|Damage: 100/170/240/310/380 (+130% of your Physical Power)|
Heal: 20 (+100% of your Physical Power)
Buff Per Stack: 3% Physical Lifesteal and Increased Healing
Max Buff Stacks: 3
|Camazotz Leaps forward a short distance dealing damage on impact and healing himself per enemy hit.|
|Damage: 80/140/200/260/320 (+75% of your Physical Power)|
Heal per Hit: 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% of your Physical Power)
|Bat Out of Hell|
|Camazotz flies into the air, becoming CC immune for the next 4s. While flying, he may swoop forward to deal damage. He may do this up to 3 times, landing on the 3rd time. Hitting more than one enemy god in a single swoop will deal increased damage per god.|
|Damage Per Hit: 100/145/190/235/280 (+40% of your Physical Power)|
Bonus Damage: 10% Per God
As Camazotz, hit 3 gods with a single swoop of his Bat Out of Hell Ability.
As Camazotz, obtain the Vampirism Buff from his Vampire Bats Ability 6 times in a single match.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.7) Note: Essence Drinker Updated description and tooltip to be more accurate. Decreased Vampirism Buff from 5% to 3%. Devour Decreased Heal per Hit from 15/25/35/45/55 to 10/20/30/40/50. Bat Out of Hell Decreased Damage per hit from 120/165/210/255/300 to 100/145/190/235/280.
- (Patch 4.25) Note: Brimstone Beast skin added.
- (Patch 4.18) Note: Screech Decreased Physical Power Buff from 20/25/30/35/40 to 10/15/20/25/30. Vampire Bats Decreased initial damage from 70/120/170/220/270 to 70/110/150/190/230.
- (Patch 4.15) Note: Bat Out of Hell Decreased Damage per Swoop from 140/180/220/260/300 → 120/165/210/255/300.
- (Patch 4.11) Note: Xibalba's Shadow skin added.
- (Patch 4.9) Note: Stone Sentinel skin and dance emote added.
- (Patch 4.7) Note: Essence Drinker Camazotz now drinks Essence Pools at full speed at all times, whether or not he is in combat. Removed brief delay on Devour’s Leap. Camazotz will now begin leaping and is untargetable as soon as this ability is activated.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Terror-Dactyl skin added.
- (Patch 3.23) Note: Jurassic skin added.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.20) Note: Screech cooldown reduced from 15s → 13s. Vampire Bats separated Slow and Damage over Time into separate effects. Added new visual FX to convey the Slow (Bats will still convey the DoT). Bat Out of Hell increased Duration of this Ability from 3s → 4s. Now passes through player created deployables.
- (Patch 3.19) Note: Camazotz released.