A horrendous demon with a bottomless appetite for human flesh, Bakasura is a nightmare come to life.
After committing countless atrocities, Bakasura has demonstrated no end to his depravity, no limits to his brutality, no sating his desire to slurp human meat, crunch bone, and guzzle hot blood. So many are his vile victories over mankind that they cannot be relayed here, yet it his defeat at the hands of a man that is worth the telling.
According to the Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, the famous Pandava brothers were traveling in exile with their mother, Kunti, when they came to the village Ekachakra. Disguised as Brahmins, they sought alms from the villagers in order to sustain themselves. They soon learned that a demon, Bakasura, was living outside the village, devouring the people as they passed through the woods. The chief went to the demon and begged that the feasting stop. In return, a cart of food would be sent to Bakasura each day. Bakasura consumed not only the provisions, but the person that brought the cart as well.
After hearing this tale from a weeping woman whose son would bear the cart on the morrow, Kunti declared that her son Bhima, who possessed impossible strength and had slain demons before, would take the cart instead, as repayment to the kindness the villagers had shown their family.
Once in the forest, Bhima nonchalantly ate the food intended for Bakasura. Furious, Bakasura threatened to eat Bhima, which he just laughed off, goading the demon to attack him. All day they battled until Bhima finally slew the demon, tied him to the cart and dragged the body back to the village, where the people celebrated the victory in bewilderment.
Hunger, however, is a demon that cannot be defeated and, inevitably, Bakasura’s disgusting rumble will rise again, now more ravenous than ever and ready to feed.
|Bakasura's attack and movement speed temporarily increases for each enemy that he kills.|
|Attack Speed per Stack: 10%|
Movement Speed per Stack: 10%
Buff Duration: 10s
Max Stacks: 3
|Bakasura leaps to his ground target location, doing damage to all enemies in the area and reducing their Physical Protection.|
|Damage: 100/160/220/280/340 (+60% of your Physical Power)|
Physical Protection Debuff: 20
|Bakasura grabs a minion and devours it, healing himself and gaining a Protections Buff. Large Jungle monsters must be at 33% Health to be eaten, but will provide 2 minions toward Regurgitate. Up to 6 minions can be stored for Regurgitate.|
|Ability: Melee Target|
Affects: Enemy Minion
|Heal: 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% of your Physical Power)|
Protections Duration: 10s
|Bakasura passively gains Physical Power. When activated, he gains additional true damage on each strike for the duration.|
|Passive Physical Power: 10/15/20/25/30|
True Damage: 10/25/40/55/70
|Bakasura regurgitates all of the minions consumed by his Eat Minion ability at his ground target location that Slows and Cripples enemy players. Bakasura's Basic Attacks become cone attacks and he is immune to Crowd Control for a short duration.|
|Ability: Ground Target|
Slow Duration: 4s
Cone Attack Duration: 6s
CC Immunity Duration: 1.5s
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.22) Note: Insatiable Hunger Decreased Bonus Attack Speed and Movement Speed from 10% per stack to 8% per stack. (30% max to 24% max).
- (Patch 5.19) Note: Shadow Eater skin added.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Increased Camera Height from 42 to 64.
- (Patch 5.13) Note: Take Down This ability no longer decreases Physical protection of enemies hit by it. This ability now causes enemies hit by it to take 10% increased Damage from all sources. Eat Minion Decreased Post-fire animation time from .7s to .2s. This ability now places an additional targeter over targets that can be instantly devoured. Regurgitate Increase Projectile Speed from 80 to 120. Bakasura may now choose to eat his own minion pets from this ability.
- (Patch 4.13) Note: Eat Minion Large monsters that can only be eaten at 33% will provide 2 Minions toward Regurgitate. Regurgitate decreased Cooldown from 90s → 90/85/80/75/70s.
- (Patch 4.1) Note: Regurgitate Increased Slow from 15/20/25/30/35% → 20/25/30/35/40%. Changed Slow duration to be 4s instead of applying only in the area. Increased Cone Attack Duration from 5s → 6s.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Fixed an issue where his Voice Pack was too quiet.
- (Patch 3.24) Note: Laughing Skull and Mastery skins added.
- (Patch 3.21) Note: Dance emote added.
- (Patch Season 3) Note: Increased Base Physical Power Scaling from 36 → 38.