In war, there are two kinds of soldiers: those that fight for blood, and those that fight for honor. The first crave the clash of steel and smell of slaughter, the latter know the wisdom of justice, the kindness of mercy, and that life should never be taken wantonly. These different warriors seek different Gods. Ares, God of War revels in the bloodletting, but his sister, Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, is patron to those who fight with dignity, and only when there is no other alternative.
Favored daughter of Zeus, wise as ten thousand scholars, just as the scales themselves; Athena is a paragon of incorruptible virtue, and worshipped with righteous fervor. So revered is she that Athens, greatest city in all the world, is named for her, and regal temples adorn the countryside in her honor, each tended by loyal priestesses. To Athena, a life is a precious thing that need not be wasted in frivolous battle. Bloodthirsty Ares, on the other hand, is reviled by their father and chained by his ravenous subjects.
At the Siege of Troy, Ares disobeyed Zeus and joined with the battle, fighting for the mortal Trojans. Athena rose to stop him, indirectly championing the Greeks, but directly keeping the order of divine law. Their fierce battle clashed in unspeakable proportions, ending only when Ares limped from the battle field, cowed by his sister and rival. With Ares diminished, the tide of the war shifted and the heroes of the Greek Army toppled Troy.
In times of war, prayers are sent to both Gods. Ares, for bloodstained victory, Athena for honor, valor, and the wisdom to fight with dignity. Make no mistake, these are times of war, and Ares has already answered the call to arms. Athena, ever cautious with lives, goes to battle without eagerness, but solemn necessity, for the Goddess of Wisdom knows honor is for the living. The dead have no need of it.
|After using any ability, Athena's next Basic Attack is a ranged attack, hitting all enemies it passes through, and dealing an additional +15% of her Magical Power as damage. Reach's damage will trigger Basic Attack Item Effects, but not Ability ones.|
|Athena powers up for a dash. While dashing, Athena will pass through minions, stop and hit the first enemy god she encounters, dealing damage and slowing all she hits. If she hits an enemy, Athena gains one stack of Block (max 3), absorbing the next Basic Attack from any god that hits her.|
|Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+50% of your Magical Power)|
Slow Amount: 25%
Slow Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25s
|Athena releases a shockwave of power from her shield, Taunting enemy gods, and forcing them to fight or chase her.|
Affects: Enemy god
|Taunt Duration: 1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0s|
|Athena summons a group of Athenian warriors who do damage upon arrival, and after 2s strike for additional damage.|
|Initial Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+50% of your Magical Power)|
Secondary Damage: 80/150/220/290/360 (+50% of your Magical Power)
|Defender of Olympus|
|Athena picks a single allied god anywhere in the world, and launches herself up into the air, landing next to that god 3.6 seconds later. During that 3.6 seconds, the allied god gains 20% Damage Mitigation. Enemies nearby when Athena lands take damage.|
|Damage: 350/450/550/650/750 (+90% of your Magical Power)|
Allied Mitigation: 20%
- Skins marked exclusive can only be obtained from special events and/or chests. Skins marked limited are/were only available for a limited time, and are not going to be available ever again.
Old cards Edit
As Athena Taunt three or more enemies with one confound.
As Athena get a kill with the damage from Defender of Olympus
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.24) Note: Blight Guardian skin added.
- (Patch 5.17) Note: Reach Now properly benefits from Lifesteal at 33%. Preemptive Strike Increased cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11s to 14s at all ranks.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Mystic Guardian skin added.
- (Patch 5.1) Note: Knight of Wisdom skin added. Reach has been adjusted to deal only basic attack damage, and thus only trigger basic attack item effects.
- (Patch 4.12) Note: Reach increased Magical Power Scaling from 5% → 15%. Fixed description error that was miscalculating the Magical Power Scaling contribution for Reach.
- (Patch 4.6) Note: Amazon skin added. Fixed an issue where using Athena’s Ultimate could cause her to gain collision against allied units.
- (Patch 3.25) Note: Team Allegiance skin added.
- (Patch 3.5) Note: Peacekeeper and Enforcer skins added.