King Agamemnon bought his fury to bear against gilded Troy, for Prince Paris had stolen his Helen, his wife, whose beauty rivaled that of Athena and Aphrodite. To famed Achilles, invincible warrior, the king gave command of a thousand ships.
Across stormy seas and salted beach, soldiers sieged the city. Arrow and stone, blade and barb bounced from Achilles' skin. Bathed as a babe in the River Styx by his Nereid mother, his hide was hardened, imperviously made. Through every charge, every death defying battle, Achilles was at the fore. Troy hung poised to crumble.
Until Agamemnon gave slight to the mighty myrmidon. In grave offense, Achilles pulled his forces from the field. Hector, boldest, bravest, eldest of the Trojan princes seized the chance to push the Greeks to the sea. Water's reflection mirrored scorching sails as Hector fired their ships. All seemed lost until Achilles rose to meet him. Fierce and fast the two titans fought, but Hector's spear felled Achilles fair. Though Patroclus, it was, in the armor of Achilles, not Achilles who lay dead.
Wrathful at the loss of his faithful friend, Achilles donned armor newly-made and challenged Hector alone. Spear and blade and armor rang, but Achilles could not be harmed. Hector, prince of Troy, died in battle that day.
Paris, brother lost, tearful-eyed, let arrow loose, guided by divine envy. For there were Gods that could not suffer Achilles to survive. Straight and true the arrow flew and harpooned Achilles' heel, where his mother held him when submerged. The wound was deep, his weakness found, Achilles met his end.
A decade thence, from Hades' depths, Achilles has been drawn. Armored now, upon the heel, revenge his only aim. For envious Gods stole from him his glory and his life. Now they tremble at the the wrath of the man that cannot be harmed.
|Gift of the Gods|
|Achilles adapts to the tide of Battle. While in the Fountain, Achilles can choose to wear armor, granting him bonus Health and Protections, or forgo it, granting him bonus Movement Speed and Physical Power. To swap, use Achilles' Basic Attack while the Passive targeter is active.|
|Physical Power Bonus: 10 +2 per Level||Health Bonus: 35 +10 per Level|
Protections Bonus: 5 +1 per Level
|Shield of Achilles|
|Achilles punches forward with the edge of his Shield, inflicting massive damage and stunning enemy targets hit by the impact. The force of his punch continues to radiate past his initial target area, dealing 70% damage to targets farther away.|
|Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 (+90% of your Physical Power)|
Stun Duration: 1s
|Achilles is blessed by the gods, giving him bonus Physical Power, Protections, and Crowd Control Reduction for 6 seconds. While this blessing is active, Achilles will heal himself upon successfully damaging enemies with abilities.|
|Heal: 23/26/29/32/35 (+10% of your Physical Power)|
Max Heals per Ability: 2/2/3/3/4
Physical Power: +15%
Crowd Control Reduction: 20%
|Achilles dodges his enemies’ attacks before striking them in swift response. If Achilles successfully hits an enemy god with this strike, Achilles can use this ability once more before it goes on Cooldown.|
|Damage: 55/95/135/175/215 (+50% of your Physical Power)|
|Achilles dashes forward and attacks. While dashing, Achilles will pass through minions, stop and hit the first enemy god he encounters, dealing damage to all he hits and executing gods below 30% Health. If Achilles kills a god with this ability, he can use it again, up to 5 times. As Achilles successfully Executes his enemies, he becomes more reckless in combat and leaves his heel exposed. Achilles will become more susceptible to damage, stacking up to 5 times.|
|Damage: 180/270/360/450/540 (+100% of your Physical Power)|
Execute Threshold: 30%
Damage Taken Increase: 10%
As Achilles get 2 or more executes with a single use of his Fatal Strike Ability.
The Crowd Cheers!:
As Achilles, heal 12 times in a single use of Radiant Glory.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch 5.18) Note: Battleworn skin added.
- (Patch 5.14) Note: Gift of the Gods Health Bonus increased from 35 + 10 per level to 25 + 15 per level (235 to 325). Protections Bonus increased from 5 + 1 per level to 5 + 1.5 per level (25 to 35). Radiant Glory Physical Power and Protections now scale from 15% to 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%. Combat Dodge Cooldown changed from 12s at all ranks to 14/13/12/11/10. Damage Reduced from 55/95/135/175/215 to 50/90/130/170/210.
- (Patch 5.10) Note: Star Trooper skin added. Gift of the Gods Physical Power Bonus Decreased from 10 + 2 per level to 3 + 2 per level. Movement Speed Bonus Decreased from 3% + 0.2 level to 1% + 0.25 per level.
- (Patch 5.8) Note: Shield of Achilles Decreased the damage to targets in the outer cone from 80% to 70%. Combat Dodge Decreased Damage from 65/105/145/185/225 to 55/95/135/175/215.
- (Patch 5.3) Note: Revenant skin added. Shield of Achilles Decreased Damage from 100/160/220/280/340 to 80/135/190/245/300. Decreased Stun Duration from 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s to 1s at all ranks. Combat Dodge Increased cooldown from 10s to 12s.
- (Patch 5.3) Note: Achilles released.